Factor Road Bikes - website up

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

iamalex

by iamalex

The site doesn't look finished but it's online for now...

These are the new bikes for ONE Pro Cycling's 2016 campaign.
http://factorbikes.com/home

Loads of photo's of the new colour schemes. I'll take the O2 with disc brakes please...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Team Murray

by Team Murray

Strangest text on the Factor site...
This is what it says on the ONE description, "Factor AG offers a wide range of special products and services including security and authority vehicles. Special programmes for diplomats and members of international organisations, for US military personnel and for international fleets and company cars are also available."

wingguy

by wingguy

Definitely not a finished website! More interesting than Lorem ipsum dolor though, I guess.

Oddly enough the text seems to be lifted from BMW's website and used as template text in one or two other places. I wonder if someone accidentally pressed the button to go live on the website a few weeks early :P

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

So they took a new Scott Foil and made their own bike? Only thing different is the HT appears to rotate with the bars, interesting.

Di2 junction box under the bottle holder? At least Scott has it hidden in the handlebar..of course, SRAM eTap users, doesn't matter, no cables at all!!

Interesting, what does it costs $40K USD??

wingguy

by wingguy

So they took a new Scott Foil and made their own bike? Only thing different is the HT appears to rotate with the bars

LOL dude you need glasses. Or if you have glasses you need new glasses.

Only thing similar is that it's an aero bike with dropped stays.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

One of my clients is on the team and brought his new bike back from first camp. It is nothing like a foil.
Impression from short ride is that it feels exactly like a race bike should - smooth and solid.

Will be interesting to see how the split down tube goes in independent testing

MichaelB

by MichaelB

I'm lucky enough to be going to the launch here uin Adealide next Monday and do a short ride as part of the launch (the ride is with Baden Cooke) :mrgreen: on Monday the 18th (Tour Down Under rest day)

No idea what model it will be, but I'm trying real hard to see if I can get a bike to use on the Stage 4 (142km) Sportive ride, but the chances are slim.

Really looking fwd to this :thumbup:

Website really needs some work. The o2 is listed at US$1,500 !!! And the geo chart has some odd numbers in it !! :wink:

Marin

by Marin

Looks like some kind of weird joke - are they for real?

MichaelB

by MichaelB

They are indeed real, and they are damn fine bikes.

Mind you, for the money, they should be.

Rode the Factor One on Monday, and aiming to ride the O2 through the hills a bit tonight. The One is a very stiff bike but manages to not compress your spine as you are riding. The O2 is meant to be stiff as well, but the focus is on lower weight instead of Aero.

From talking with Baden Cooke and Rob (owner of the factory where they are made), they'll be available to the public end Feb/early March 2016.

The website is now better, but basically really bare. Just shows pics of the bikes and no other details. All of the production to date has gone to the test bikes at the TdU or to the ONE Pro team themselves.

Cheers

Michael B

wingguy

by wingguy

Do you know if they're planning to sell direct or distribute through LBSs?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MichaelB

by MichaelB

@wingguy

From discussions, it will be web based, but also have certain places that will tailor the bike fit to the buyer, and also allow a try on a bike in the flesh first.

Not quite sure where those locations are, but meant to be sorted around march this year.