Chinese saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

toastie

by toastie

I know there are lots of threads on bars, frames, wheels etc but a search didn't throw up one for saddles.

Was looking through ebay earlier for a new saddle and there seems to be a huge amount of chinese carbon saddles that are based on the shape of the specialized toupe, romin and the selle smp type saddle. They are very light ( according to the spec) but has anyone ever used one? seems to me like a very cheap way to save a fair chunk of weight but it has the potential for a very embarrassing hospital visit if it went wrong!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

"Chinese" saddles.
China!
Hey, did you know that Nixon might be president of the US by the end of this decade?!
How's 1961 going to be as a year? Any new years resolutions?!
That trump kid, huh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs

:roll:

Or... try 'generic' or 'open mold' or whatever saddles, because you know it's actually 2016 and we're in a global economy where a lot of your "brand name" stuff is, in fact, "Chinese" as well:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133539
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=116900

:wink:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

toastie

by toastie

thanks for the links

i understand everything is currently made in china but i couldn't find the threads for the "cheap generic" saddles i was talking about but I'm obviously not very tech smart at using the search function on this site :oops:

glepore

by glepore

They are safe but stiff... . They don't flex as much as a good unpadded carbon shell saddle. They're rideable depending on your comfort level. I've used one in the smp shape and ended up going back to a Romin Pro. But they're not going to break and kill you.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

pavel

by pavel

Toastie, could you post a link to a generic romin? I'd like to try that. I have the toupe copy and I don't like it. It's too hard without the padding. Fwiw the weight is aroun 112 (99 claimed.)

duvivr6

by duvivr6

I have an SMP Style "generic" saddle and it works rather well. Indeed it is damn hard and not very flexible but once set up correctly you don't even notice. Mine has a few hundred miles on in, and it cracked in the tip. Don't think the crack make any different though.

Team Murray

by Team Murray

I have owned a saddle made by Trigon, a Taiwanese OEM. Here is the link, http://www.greatgocycles.com/saddles-vcs03.html
The saddle was fine and I had confidence in it but since I was 195lbs at the time, it was a bit soft. The biggest issue I had was that the carbon shell was too slippery.

Trigon is a well known OEM. They have made OEM parts and frames for Ritchey, Blue Cycles, Leopard and even Look. In fact several years back, the rumors were that the Blue Cycles bikes were made in the same factory as the Look 585. Blue did very little to correct the belief since most concluded that they were using the Look factory in France. In fact, they were being built in the same factory, but the factory was in Taiwan.

frustrated

by frustrated

I bought one and have ridden it for only a 3 hour ride I am pleased with it for now. It looks good, light and relatively comfy. I cant post a link due to forum restrictions. I bought it on aliexpress.

Skunkworks

by Skunkworks

One of my friend used "ali" saddles. Some okay, Some a shits....

pizzayum

by pizzayum

I recently got a saddle from dengfu with a frame, and I think the rails might have been a little wonky. It didn't fit perfectly into the saddle hardware on the seatpost. The rails flexed into the shape they needed to be, but We'll see how it goes. It looks fine now that it is mounted.

ohhyeok90

by ohhyeok90

chinese aren't problem.

but seller choose carefully.

someone sell great product, but someone sell shit.

antprok

by antprok

Last month there are a lot of Prologo saddles in chinese internet sites. Whats the story with them? Are they "chinogo" copy or pretty much the same thing?

kova3023

by kova3023

Chinese products is not recommended. Your lives, you want to buy the riding.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

^ Again one of these useless comments about Chinese products.
Whereas Ohhyeok90 has nailed it.
On topic. Bought one and it was a great, light saddle with a remarkable finish. The SSM Superleggera design was just not for my butt.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD