How is a square tapered(JIS)BB spindloe length measured?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

that's why I asked about spindle lengths......I am having trouble finding the right length for my BB to work perfect with my CAT cranks. I had a 110mm BB and it was a bit too long, so I am going to try an Action-Tec 107mm BB, should work. Complete bike with the Action-Tec BB(141 grams) and CAT cranks should be around 12.2 lbs!!! Can't wait, I will post pics then

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

:-)

by :-)

Florian wrote:
:-) wrote:you may aswell delete the post.... talk about poor moderating!

I just found this on the net:
Rule #1 for moderating:
The moderator is always right. Even if the moderator says that he/she is wrong, the moderator is still right.

;)

we use those rules on the forum i moderate :lol:

& i also think the :roll: emoticon basically translates too *how stupid are you!!*

:shock:

maybe im wrong

:-)

by :-)

cyclemanpat wrote:that's why I asked about spindle lengths......I am having trouble finding the right length for my BB to work perfect with my CAT cranks. I had a 110mm BB and it was a bit too long, so I am going to try an Action-Tec 107mm BB, should work. Complete bike with the Action-Tec BB(141 grams) and CAT cranks should be around 12.2 lbs!!! Can't wait, I will post pics then

that sounds a bit hit & miss to me, its also only 1.5 mm shorter each side... which if the 110mm is visually too long then you may need even shorter than 107mm

there is a bit on chainline here http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_ca-m.html#chainline

cadence90

by cadence90

How to find spindle length:
"I have "x" cranks which I want to mount on a "y" frame with "z" type(s) of bottom bracket(s): what is the advised spindle length for this setup?"

How to use emoticons:
"I'm :D when you :) and I'm :( when we argue. I'm :o, :shock: and :? that you act so 8) sometimes, but I'm :lol: and :x when you :P me. I'm :oops: when I'm :cry:, but that doesn't mean you need to be :evil: or :twisted: . Sometimes :roll: is a :wink: :!: . If I have a :?: or an :idea: I :arrow: WeightWeenies Forum. If you're not :| don't be :mrgreen: , just post
:up: !!!"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/020530902X/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-3804769-7766567#reader-link
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

Cadence........not sure if that mess was directed to me, if it was not sure what you were saying?

cadence90

by cadence90

No Cyclemanpat, it was not directed at you specifically at all...it was a joke in general re: the way people seem to comment so much on other's wording, etc. instead of just answering the questions posed. And then things go way OT, but I'm guilty of it too sometimes....Sorry if you took offence....
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Since the original question has been answered, I'll close this topic.
Image Image