Felt Ar 3 or 5 Frame Weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

szcyclist

by szcyclist

Hello I was looking to build up a felt AR 5 frame. But like all of us I was curious of weight. Does anyone have any frame weights? Or a build of an AR with Force?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexvpaq

by Alexvpaq

My ar5 comes in at 8,32kg with chain catcher and full105 and everything stock except arione and gp4ks tires. Should be easy to lighten it.
And here's aslowtwitch thread with info on the AR and frame weights on the first page.http://forum.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=4718733;search_string=felt%20ar;#4718733

I'm considering a diet for mine soon.(for the summer and there's no rush since the Canadian dollar is currently worthless) I want either lighter aero wheels or lighter/aero cockpit I also kind of want to go to dura ace/ red 22 mechanical or electronic but it's changing at a crazy pace and the cost is a bit prohibitive makes me want to wait for the group. I'll see later this year. Dropping money on a bike when the only time you ride it is on the trainer isn't really worth it right now.

szcyclist

by szcyclist

Thank you for the response! That is for the FRD frame? I am looking for the regular carbon frame weight.

cobrakai

by cobrakai

My AR1 frame in size 58 is as follows:
Frame: 1199 grams
Fork: 342 grams uncut
Seatpost: 304 grams

I think the AR5 is slightly heavier because it doesn't use any of the textreme carbon.

Alexvpaq

by Alexvpaq

don't have frame weights for every size of every model with artwork. We've targeted the following for a raw 56cm frame:
MODEL FRAME / FORK
AR FRD 900g / 325g
AR1, AR3R 1050g / 350g
AR2, AR3E 1000g / 350g
AR4, AR5 1100g / 375g

The only raw frame I have to measure is the AR FRD and it was 908g for the frame and 331g for the uncut fork.

It's a direct quote from slowtwitch of superdave aka Dave Koesel he's the senior product manager at felt.