Does anyne know whats wrong with Canyon??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jimborello

by jimborello

Ok here is the thing: A friend of mine has been waiting for a Canyon Speedmax for more than a year know and Canyon has always pushed back the dates. First he wanted a small size in the older version but it was never available, or at least for the last 6 months they were selling it. And now with the newest version they announced they were going to sell in Dec 2015 but it is now January and we have no news.

Does anyone know what the problem is?? Cant they keep up the demand for their bikes? I guess thats why they are not selling in USA.

Im advising my friend to stop waiting for that bike and buy whatever else he likes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT56

by GT56

what i have read is that they moved assembly to a new site, and at the same time switched over to a completely new IT system, which apparently had not been tried out properly before going live

l

srshaw

by srshaw

Stories like this put me off Canyon. Has he paid a deposit or even more up front?

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

this is what concerns me about modern mike builders like canyon. the work is all farmed out. one year the bike may be made by giant, another year someone else. what your buying is design and branding. you might be getting q.c. but that function could also be outsourced.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

physeter

by physeter

I can't speak of the situation in USA, but here in Europe , Canyon service ( I mean Canyon customer service; nothing wrong with the bikes) it's very disappointing in the last times.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

From what I hear it is hit and miss with Canyon. Either everything goes rather smoothly (most cases) and people become die-hard brand supporters, or things go very, very wrong, as in the case of your friend.

It goes with the business model, I suppose... please keep us informed of the eventual resolution.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

zirinpio97

by zirinpio97

Too much requests + poor customer service = biblical times.

tinozee

by tinozee

I have seen this same discussion every year it seems. It's really a shame because the frames are so nice. If they come to US, this is not going to fly too well, people here are the most impatient, demanding consumers on earth. Europe is a little different and more laid back about that stuff.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Limited production runs of things such as low volume sales (tt bikes), maybe make 1 or 2 batches a year, and also it seems very time intensive at the consumer/sales end for these when i looked.

When i bought my cannondale slice i had a wait of 9 months for the same reason, although that was through the frame exchange program.

Also you've got demand from USA/AUS that they tap into these markets, announce they are sponsoring a womens US team to raise brand awareness, but then need to be able to meet the requirements of the new markets, so everyone else then suffers with supply.

I bought my CF in 2009?? and it was still a very niche euro brand that went under the radar unless you were on WW.
Nowadays go out in the UK for a ride and you can see how mainstream they are, and thats just 1 relatively small market.

So its fairly easy to see why it can be hard for them to hit everyones idea of how available things should be at any given time.
Official cafe stop tester

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

9 months is what customers expect to pay for a custom made bike. its not acceptable from a mass-market builder. and many custom builders do it in far less than 9 months.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Vermu

by Vermu

It's a bit dividing really. I had my aeroad pushed by 2 weeks and it had all ready 4 week waiting time.

When I noticed the delay and asked customer service about it, they were really helpful and even under tremendous pressure on received info to my questions.

Lähetetty minun SM-G925F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Canyon is certainly hit or miss.

I have ordered from Canyon a few times (don't have any of the bikes), sometimes I would get responses right back and sometimes they never came.

I was finally able to get close enough to having a Canyon bike delivered (all i need to do is pay) but for some reason I have been stalling and probably will end up without. I bought a different bike while I waited months for the Canyon to be delivered and I enjoy it so don't want to change it for a Canyon that I might enjoy. What gives.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

Canyon promises quick solution for delays that have left customers waiting months for new bikes

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... kes-205800

ill principe

by ill principe

The new "IT system" seems to be SAP btw, larger organizations than Canyon have run into expensive problems when migrating to SAP.
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

So they moved to a new assembly facility and migrated their ERP system as well. Awesome sauce! Good luck with that mess guys.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com