SuperSix EVO HM - '13 vs '14 vs '15?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

superdx

by superdx

Seems there are lots of good deals on HM framesets for prior years now that 2016 is released. Checking the geometry numbers, they are all identical. Aside from the paint job, they really look like the same frame. Are there actually any structural differences between these 3 years?

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

I'm pretty sure they are all the same frames. They changes the EVO for the '16 models.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

I had a '12 HM and presently have a '13 HM, they weight the same and from what I can tell they really rode the same. as noted same bike different colors...
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

by 11.4

Rear brake cable routing changed, and ready-to-go Di2 compatibility showed up in late 2014. That has the very smart setup where the brake housing goes into the head tube on the right side and the Di2 wire goes inside right at the same spot, so the Di2 wire can be run together with the rear brake housing right into the frame. The rear derailleur Di2 portal also changed at the same time. And I believe the down-tube cable guides could be removed and replaced with neat plugs if you went Di2.

Someone please confirm this, but I've been looking at 2015's for this reason.

Note that this cable configuration and Di2 compatibility were different between the HM and the regular SuperSix. Even when Cannondale billed all the frames in the line as equal, there seem to have been some differences beyond paint colors.

glepore

by glepore

Are you sure about this 11.4? Pics I've seen of the 2015 mech and electronic bikes show the only difference to be the internal brake routing on the 2015, see eg http://www.trekbicyclesuperstore.com/pr ... 9-1.htm-if you zoom in
you can see that chainstay doesn't have a di2 exit.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by 11.4

glepore wrote:Are you sure about this 11.4? Pics I've seen of the 2015 mech and electronic bikes show the only difference to be the internal brake routing on the 2015, see eg http://www.trekbicyclesuperstore.com/pr ... 9-1.htm-if you zoom in
you can see that chainstay doesn't have a di2 exit.

The disc versions are different -- no side-of-head-tube rear brake routing, etc. The Di2 compatible ones have to have an exit at the rear derailleur for the cable. I think it's done as a hole in the actual stay ends. There are both Di2 compatible and DI2 only models in 2015, and they may differ as well.

On a related front, does anyone know how Cannondale set up the 2015 disc CAAD-10? With 142x12 through axles? 135 mm quick releases?

superdx

by superdx

11.4 wrote:Rear brake cable routing changed, and ready-to-go Di2 compatibility showed up in late 2014. That has the very smart setup where the brake housing goes into the head tube on the right side and the Di2 wire goes inside right at the same spot, so the Di2 wire can be run together with the rear brake housing right into the frame. The rear derailleur Di2 portal also changed at the same time. And I believe the down-tube cable guides could be removed and replaced with neat plugs if you went Di2.

Someone please confirm this, but I've been looking at 2015's for this reason.

Note that this cable configuration and Di2 compatibility were different between the HM and the regular SuperSix. Even when Cannondale billed all the frames in the line as equal, there seem to have been some differences beyond paint colors.

2014/2015 still had the distinction between electronic and mechanical frames. Former had black/green as color scheme and latter had white/black w/ green accents. Cable guides on mechanical frame only. They cannot be converted, and actually for 2014/2015 the paint job for electronic did not change. It's only 2016 where ME/EL was a feature. I guess I partly answered my own question with this for '14 and '15 at least. '13 frame going for a steal at my LBS, '14 and '15 all over eBay for Di2.

On a related front, does anyone know how Cannondale set up the 2015 disc CAAD-10? With 142x12 through axles? 135 mm quick releases?

CAAD12 disc uses standard road QR. Kind of a shame because looks like UCI standardisation going with thru-axle. Maybe we'll finally see the SS EVO disc version this year as I can't imagine their pro team missing out on disc brakes and not having neutral car support.

glepore

by glepore

There is no difference between the frames. The only difference was the availability of the non-HiMod Evo.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

keong72

by keong72

2016 is different with 2015.?

eric01

by eric01

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... led-44621/

2016 is new. Not as drastic a change as say, the Trek Madone from 2015 to 2016, but still updated.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

garlet wrote:2016 model is best because it is brand new!

Insightful :wink:

I believe the 2016 models have a 25.4mm seatpost tube, like the previous year's Synapse. Should make it comfortable, but bad news if you already have a perfectly good £200 seatpost you want to move over... I think seatpost choice will be severely limited unless this standard gets adopted more widely.

DeLuz

by DeLuz

4ibanez wrote:
garlet wrote:2016 model is best because it is brand new!

Insightful :wink:

I believe the 2016 models have a 25.4mm seatpost tube, like the previous year's Synapse. Should make it comfortable, but bad news if you already have a perfectly good £200 seatpost you want to move over... I think seatpost choice will be severely limited unless this standard gets adopted more widely.

That is a stupid gimmick. Seat post is mostly vertical and doesn't move, won't make a bit of difference in comfort.
EVOs are great bikes though.

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

I hope they're as good as the consensus suggests, I'm probably buying a 2015 Evo Hi-Mod this weekend in the sales. Checked with the shop 27.2mm seat tube. Am planning to reach 5.5kg with clinchers, then see where I can get to from there!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com