Campagnolo anniversary vs New SR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

davidebainchi123

by davidebainchi123

Hi there,

I would like your opinion around the 2 groupset above (SR ANNIVERSARY vs new SR)
I am building a colnago C60 Plbk and aside from the look (very subjective) I would like to know if any of you used both and your feedback.
The anniversary should be 200 gr lighter, the new SR with greater performances
Your thoughts?

Many thanks
Davide

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nejmann

by Nejmann

I would actually try to source the SR RS group? It looks so cool. :-) Don't think you could feel a difference really on the 80th and the new.

kgt

by kgt

I would go for SR anniversary on a Colnago.

jimborello

by jimborello

The new SR looks awesome in flesh and is a better match for a C60. Performance wise both are top end groupsets but if you fall and scratch the levers or crankset you eony be able to substitute the 80th anniv. I have both, but I put in the box the 80th anniversary when the new one came out and Im planning to use it again in 10 years or so with a cool old classic Pegoretti.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

davidebainchi123 wrote:Hi there,

I would like your opinion around the 2 groupset above (SR ANNIVERSARY vs new SR)
I am building a colnago C60 Plbk and aside from the look (very subjective) I would like to know if any of you used both and your feedback.
The anniversary should be 200 gr lighter, the new SR with greater performances
Your thoughts?

Many thanks
Davide

How did you come to the conclusion that the 80th Anniversary will save 200g?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I have both, the 80th Anniversary group on my EPQ and the 2015 SR on my C59 (MTBK). I would go with the 2015 SR group. I love the matte finish of the 80th group (even the bolts are blacked out), and it goes perfectly on my EPQ. But like someone said, if you wreck a part it's going to be very difficult to replace it. Plus, while it works great, the 2015 stuff works better. I spent a long time learning the nuances of the new front derailleur, and once dialed it is very efficient, but it is not like previous versions. And you do need to have it dialed. I've got to where I can set it up perfectly without the need for the hideous inline cable adjuster up front. The chainring teeth profiles have been updated a bit on the 2015 stuff.

I too would like to know how you arrived at the 200gram difference, just out of curiosity. When I put the 2015 stuff on, I did not weigh it... shoot me. Lol.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

davidebainchi123

by davidebainchi123

Thank you very much for the answers.

@ultimobici : I found that anniversary is 1863gr and new SR is 2022. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Sure that weight isn't for EPS? I can't think of anywhere that the 2015 mechanical stuff would be heavier.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

stormur

by stormur

but it is
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Is it? I didn't know. Still, I'd go for the 2015 SR even if it is heavier. Do you know where the weight gain over the pre 2015 group comes from?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Cranks are a smidge heavier as are ethos, front & rear mech. Everything else carries over. According to Campagnolo's own figures it's most likely less than 60g.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Depending on your priorities -- I'd go with the 80th for collectability, and the 2015 SR for performance

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Collectibility? I doubt anyone is going to be treating 80th the way the 50th was. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siklis

by siklis

if you plan to just occasionally ride your bike, the 80th anny is a better bet imho. otherwise, esp if plan use it hard just get the 2015 SR
Bianchi Infinito CV + campag SR + F6R DT240s 6.66kg
Bianchi Methanol SX 29er + XX1 + ztr crest + hope pro2 9.30kg
Giant TCR Advanced 3 + ultegra 10s + campy shamal ultra 7.40 kg

Nitemare

by Nitemare

I've the 80th, RS and 2015 SR Groups on my De Rosa bikes ... :D

The 80th is on my De Rosa Titanio which is my "sunny" day bike so gets limited use here in Northern Ireland!! hahahaha

The RS is on my De Rosa Corum which is my "everyday" race machine

... and the SR 2015 on my De Rosa Cross ...

Personally I love the finish on the RS group but there is little if any real difference in my opinion between all three groups ... hey its Campagnolo's top stuff after all!!
Go with what YOU like and best matches your bike, you'll not be disappointed either way!

The 2015 SR is probably the best for replacement bits etc. as previously stated ... that said I've seen 80th spare parts for sale on web (pricey tho :wink: )

Nitemare :)

Lever and Tape for Web.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com