Help / Advice required!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Speedypalmer

by Speedypalmer

Hopefully not too beefy! I've got the tubular firestrikes, which on my scales come in at 1,453g including skewers, which is pretty light for near 60mm? and the s-works Venge, full frameset, including un-cut fork, seat post, BB and headset hit the scales at 1,784g so not too bad for an aero setup?

Only issue is I've almost smashed my budget, so looks like I might be digging a bit deeper into my pockets!!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Speedypalmer

by Speedypalmer

[/quote]

Your budget is £3000 max and you've been offered an £8000 S-Works Venge.

The Canyon Aeroad is a pro level frameset that has won Tours and half the money almost and well within your budge and it's a stunning looking bike. Well to me anyways!

Good luck![/quote]

I'm not a fan of the look of the Aeroad, plus Canyon's lead times are terrible and the moment and I wouldn't trust them to deliver, even on these timescale, based on some of the stories I've hear!? Anyway I've got the Venge now and v happy with it!

If, as I'm thinking, I'll get Dura-Ace mechanical group to finish the build the final costing will be nearer £4k, just under. Although to be fair I already have the saddle, stem and peddles so not complete true cost, but there are some real bargains about at the mo!

Tom14

by Tom14

Nice bike! I'm curious about the final result!

I've watched the full distance Alpe d'Huez back in 2010 and was surprised by the amount of contenders on a time trial bike. I even saw someone with a discwheel!

There weren't a lot of aero frames on the market back then I guess ;)