A new contender at the aero market?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tinozee

by tinozee

Are there more pics that show details or just the one or two on that specs page? It says something about aero disc brakes. I heard some babble at a world tour race in fall about some areo rotor covers or something like that. Not on BH bikes though. I think there will be some attempts to solve disc/aero drag in next years bikes.

siklis

by siklis

looks like a bike for classic to me at first
Bianchi Infinito CV + campag SR + F6R DT240s 6.66kg
Bianchi Methanol SX 29er + XX1 + ztr crest + hope pro2 9.30kg
Giant TCR Advanced 3 + ultegra 10s + campy shamal ultra 7.40 kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

The BH6 has had terrible reviews on ride quality/flexing etc. Surprised one poster said it is a great bike. Reviewers don't like it.

Not a bad looking bike at all though, looks quality. But, disc brakes..yeah, that might take awhile to adopt, if ever widespread with the mass amounts of regular wheels/brakes out in the market, that work fine.

spytech

by spytech

stormur wrote:I know places where frameset you can buy for 1200-1400€ , so it's extremely good value for €/$. But BH is not so much Campagnolo friendly, specially for cranks bigger than 52 :( .

the new G7 can be had for 1400 euros? where?

Krackor

by Krackor

The weight of a discrete seatpost combined with the convenience of an integrated seat mast. What were they thinking?

Nejmann

by Nejmann

It's a cool bike. But the name? Seriously? BH.. "I ride a BH" No no no no :D

tnc1970

by tnc1970

Zigmeister wrote:The BH6 has had terrible reviews on ride quality/flexing etc. Surprised one poster said it is a great bike. Reviewers don't like it.
Not a bad looking bike at all though, looks quality. But, disc brakes..yeah, that might take awhile to adopt, if ever widespread with the mass amounts of regular wheels/brakes out in the market, that work fine.

I guess I'm that poster ;)
There are a couple of things that were noted in the reviews for the G6 model:
1. lateral flex. Yep, some tests (German Tour magazine) said that lateral stiffness is not among the best. On the other hand, same test highlighted that it was the bike with better aero performance (2014 or 2015 model, cannot remember right now). Anyway... my power output is, unfortunately, high enough as to flex the thing that much.

2. Handling and ride quality: on ride quality... it really depends on your bike fit. For me, I have to say that compared with a BMC slr01... ride quality is on par. Of course, wheels are a key factor. On handling... the bike has a high BB and it is really fast reacting to riders input. I remember that on my first rides, I thought it was twitchy but when I read an aussi review saying that bike loves to be ridden low... yes, that was the key: put yourself on a low/long fit and... wonderful... it works like a charm.
Of course, the short head tube combined with the low/long fit means that to have "some" flexibility.

It is still my preferred ride for fast, hammer it, flat riding here in Denmark.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Nejmann wrote:It's a cool bike. But the name? Seriously? BH.. "I ride a BH" No no no no :D

Beistegui Hermanos . In 1903 they weren't too worried about now cool it sounded abroad I guess :D

tnc1970

by tnc1970

XCProMD wrote:
Nejmann wrote:It's a cool bike. But the name? Seriously? BH.. "I ride a BH" No no no no :D

Beistegui Hermanos . In 1903 they weren't too worried about now cool it sounded abroad I guess :D

Not to mention that BH started as gun makers... And gun makers marketing is always weird.
Orbea did the same. So it seems a common pattern in Spanish bike makers (not surprisingly, the tooling required back in time for both products was similar)

XCProMD

by XCProMD

There are both political and economical reasons for that. Both Orbea and BH were located in the Basque Country. During the Spanish Civil War the soon to be dictator Franco started his coup in West Sahara and started taking territories from Southern Spain towards the North.

The North, which is a narrow strip of land geographically limited by a mountain range and contains The Basque Country, Cantabria (formerly called "Santander Province" for political reasons as Cantabria is a much earlier entity than Spain itself) and Asturies, had previously had a conflict with the newer incorporation of the Spanish Goverment during the Carlists Wars.

Bottom line these regions were populated by self supported farmers and incipient industrialists as opposed to the semi feudal system turned into a bureaucratic machinery that was the rest of Spain. Franco was just another risk coming from the South and so the fought him as much as they could.

As a result, when Franco took Northern Spain he immediately banned gun making as he knew an eventual rising would always come from that specific region.

Sacke

by Sacke

BigPoser

by BigPoser

Are they available in the States?

attesa38

by attesa38

newforker wrote:Anybody notice that the bike in the link has a hybrid mechanical cable actuated/Di2 derailleur?

i think it must have special things todo