Help needed, Focus or Supersix

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EmmetD

by EmmetD

Hey ladies and gents, I am new here and only getting back into cycling after 10 years away, it would now seem I no longer get mocked for wearing lycra and i'm now fashionable :0

My predicament is, I have just bought a Focus Team SL, gorgeous frame and was used in the Tdf by AG2R.
Bike is less than a month old, but the thing is I have seen a deal on a Supersix Hi mod 2015 frame. I hear their geometry is roughly the same and weight is give or take 150 grams between them.

I just need advice, would it be worth the upgrade if it even is one?

Thanks in advance!

Emmet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EmmetD

by EmmetD

>>>
Last edited by EmmetD on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

N.T

by N.T

Not really worth it.
btw. really nice fotos Emmet!
Fuelled by kofein

EmmetD

by EmmetD

Thanks N.T, I don't post any of my recent stuff on Flickr anymore, but I know you were talking about this one and appreciate it matey.
I don't think it would be much of an upgrade, I just wanted to have it justified to me, like with my photography gear I am having a yearning for more shite I don't really need :0

nlouthan

by nlouthan

That's an amazing picture.

As far as changing bikes, is there something about the Focus you don't like that the SuperSix has? Would the SS fit better or does it have a better gruppo.

I'm all for spending money, but unless there's a clear improvement on changing bikes, I'd spend the money on another set of wheels or some new kit.

andrewfelix

by andrewfelix

How long do you plan on keeping the bike? If it's gonna eat you up for the next 5 years I say do it. I think Cannondale make a sexier bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmmetD

by EmmetD

Most likely a year, do you think they would ride differently though?
I also see quite a few Cannonades, though my CAAD10 and me got run over and I was able to still use it, bullet proof :)

Thanks for input mate, is there a weight weenie article for the riders and not the bike, as atm it's doing a lot better than me!

defride

by defride

If your Focus was used by a Pro team I very much doubt the frame is off the shelf. The Team frames are usually laid up differently for stiffness rather than with weight in mind.

I'm a recent hi-mod convert and it lives up to the hype, really enjoy riding it, not sure I'd jump at changing something unique like your Focus for one though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EmmetD

by EmmetD

Thanks for all the help peeps, mind is made up, will have Focus resprayed and invest in a set of Boras when my cardio supersedes my current setup, which let's face it will be never :0