Fibre-Lyte 'ultra lyte' rear gear mech inner plate

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DavidG

by DavidG

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting a Fibre-Lyte 2g 'ultra lyte' carbon inner plate for my Dura-Ace 7900 rear derailleur.

I'd be interested to hear user feedback from anyone who has used the 'ultra lyte' version of the Fibre-Lyte inner plate. (Extra TYVMI* points will be given to responders who have used it on a DA7900 RD...)

Specifically, has anyone had problems due to the fact that the 'ultra-lyte' version doesn't have the chain jump stops and is very minimalist in its design?

Lastly, I'm also trying to find out how much weight the 'ultra lyte' version saves over the stock DA7900 RD inner plate.

Thanks in advance to all,

David

* = Thank You Very Much Indeed
DavidG

lannes

by lannes

I've been using the ultra lyte on the my Dura Ace 9000 RD, no problems at all so far with chain comming off or getting jammed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DavidG

by DavidG

Thanks guys for the helpful feedback.

If anyone else wants to chip in, feel free...

DavidG
DavidG

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

I've used several Fiberlytes over the years, including an ultralight on my Red derailleur. No issues.
But, they only save a few grams, and I've made lighter cages by drilling out stock ones.

You can also replace the alloy cage & adjustment bolts with nylon ones.
Black nylon M3 , 4 & 5mm bolts are available if you look around.

I also heard of replacing the steel cage springs with ti ones, there used to be a guy who custom-wrapped ti springs, but I don't have a link.