Colnago c60 / Seatpost dilemma

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

davidebainchi123

by davidebainchi123

Hi all,

this is my first post here in WW but I have been reading you for long time. Thank you for the in dept (and free ;) knowledge you guys share.

I am currently riding a Pinarello Paris 2012 ( Campy Record revolution 11/Bora ultra 2/ 7.4kg) and I just ordered my next toy. Colnago C60 PLBK in traditional geometry.

I will be building it up with Campy 80 Anniversary and my bora ultra 2 wheelset.
I have a lovely combo Zipp Vuka areo bars and SL stem. I really love the flat top of the bars when climbing.

I would like your advice around the seat post: I bought a Zipp SL seat post , but I am thinking over and over again if I should go for the colnago branded one.

Any advice/previous experiences/benefit of one against the other will be very appreciated.

Many thanks

Davide

mrgray

by mrgray

the colnago seat post is heavy and very strong. i think aesthetically it is a bit of overkill to have a colnago seat post but that is just my opinion of course. functionally it is brilliant (although likely quite stiff). i swapped mine for an ax lightness daedalus and saved 150 g of weight. given you are going for a traditional fit you will have about a foot of heavy seat post unused in your seat tube i suppose. so the first thing you'd need to do is cut the thing in half. which is not a good idea as they tend to be specific about which part of the post is to clamped.

my advice. forget it. get yourself whatever seat post you like.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Go for the zipp it will match perfectly. If you did choose an art decor or one of those limited colors i would say the one from colnago. But in this case and with this color. Go for the zipp!

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

I've just been through this quandary myself. I originally bought a lighter carbon post in plain black for my RSWH C60 but immediately had buyers remorse. IMHO the colnago sp31 colour matched post finishes the bike off nicely, and unlike mrgray with a super light alternative, only 'cost' me 70g. My colnago post weighed in at 227g.

For me, as this isn't my lightest bike, I was happy to go for form / aesthetics over function / weight. I will say that Colnago make great bikes, either way you've chosen wisely with your new bike.
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

davidebainchi123

by davidebainchi123

Thank you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

laspariahs

by laspariahs

I went with the Colnago seatpost, looks great with the bike, the adjustment is a pain though.