cipollini bond seatpost clamp

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bogdanescu

by bogdanescu

Hi all I m stuck with a broken seatpost clamp to my Cipollini Bond super... bike that I cannot use. I bought it used in Belgium and now I am in my country Romania, where there is no Cipo dealership. What could I do, as the Palligap site UK does not allow to purchase the thing (the only place that I've seen storing this part). I am confused... I also mention that I emailed to Cipollini Italy and all I got was a server answer that I'd be contacted soon two months now... Please do help if some ideas or other Cippolini sources available, thanks a lot

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Try http://www.ciclimattio.it, hopefully they can help you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bogdanescu

by bogdanescu

Thank but they don't seem to store cipo parts, I keep looking... best regards

bogdanescu

by bogdanescu

Luckily I found a good mechanic here who made for me a clamp similar with the original one, that is wit the same threads and I can use the original 2 screw cap that pulls both ways, hopefully it will hold... pictures soon. This one is made of sheet steel is kinda havier but who cares about two or three grams extra as I can use the bike again thanks all for help

kgt

by kgt

You can make a CNC'd alu one easily. Of course the easiest way is to ask Cipollini to send you one.

bogdanescu

by bogdanescu

After testing the new clamp all seems rather close to OK as the seatpost still has gone down a few millimeters on a short ride - here is kinda cold now, bellow ten and all I do is short ride in town - and so I will try to find some carbon assembly paste to smear the post prior to insert it in the frame, as I heard that it works well - the only issue here in my place is that all these special components are hard to find, thanks all for the input and Happy New Year!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com