MCFK Loop Seatpost Clamp and Braze On Derailleur Camp

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Just wondering if anyone is able to provide feedback on the MCFK "Loop" seatpost clamp, as well as the MCFK braze on derailleur clamp. Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steventran

by steventran

I'm using the front derailleur clamp without issue. The only potential problem is if you want to use certain chain catchers, eg. like SRAM's integrated catcher, because the clamp has a flat face on the front side of the mounting interface. I had to file the washer flat to get it installed.

I don't have the current loop seatpost clamp, but I've used the prior version of their clamp on my bike for a few years. No issues. If it provides you with any level of confidence in the design, a couple other companies use it as well, such as Parts of Passion and Carbonice.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I had an MCFK seatpost clamp - fractured one of the bands partially when reinstalling seat after a flight (installer error - one of the band was sitting obliquely. But a good clamp. Not sure they are manufacturing them anymore though, they are off the website. When I went to replace it I got a custom clamp from mud - much nicer look IMO, just as secure (no slipping on either at 5Nm) and much much cheaper. Just a little wait as they are built to order.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Thanks, steventran and NIFTY for the feedback. Much appreciated. I've seen photos of the POP seatpost clamp -- it does look like the MCFK Loop. Wonder why MCFK discontinued production of both clamps.

With regards to the derailleur clamp to be used with a Campy SR EPS front derailleur, would you recommend an exotic sub-7 gram carbon clamp, or an original Campy alloy clamp? Thanks again.