Scott Addict 2011 r1 DA compare to the new 2015 Addict 10 DA

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

I have a 2011 Addict R1 which has never been my go to bike except for the quick sprint club rides. The biggest challenge is that it is twitchey and not as compliant as my Cannondale HM Super six EVO. Have they corrected any of the ride challenges that I am describing with the new Addict 10? Just looking for the opinions on the Light weight versions.

Most would say be happy with the Cannondale, I am looking for another bike to set up differently. I am really looking for somebody that has had an addict R series and moved to the new version.

Thanks

Scott
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

Delorre

by Delorre

I have the latest Addict in team issue, haven't ridden the old Addict, but can compare to the previous CR1 SL : handling is a little quicker without being twitchy, stifness is about the same, with a little advantage to the Addict. Very, very solid feel. Confort is not better! Don't believe the reviews saying the new addict is a really confortable bike! I remains a true racing machine. My Canyon is a lot softer, more comfy but also a lot less stiff in all directions.

Hope this helps :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

That is the kind of feedback I am looking for. Everything I have ready says that it a different ride, better, faster stronger... you know. I also have a CR1 pro is that is good feedback. I am looking for anybody else that may have jumped from the old Addict to the new and what real world thoughts are???

Thanks again

Scott
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100