AX4200 for everyday use.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I would agree with AK47, if you build a light weight bike it would make more sense.

Or if you had a theme going lighter.

A one off component does not make much difference if any.

Personally i would find the 3T Ltd a bit too soft.

I have no clue of the Ax 4200 handlebar. Do you intend to run a light weight stem to?

Like Ax, MCFK, Wert or similar?

If not, perhaps the shape of the bars is of higher personal value and keep to a reasonably light weight handlebar.

When i built my bike, i changed some components along the line. I did decide to go as light as possible within reason of durability, price

and ultimately, not so light that the performance was affected.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ak47

by ak47

wheelsONfire wrote:I would agree with AK47, if you build a light weight bike it would make more sense.

Or if you had a theme going lighter.

A one off component does not make much difference if any.

That's what I meant to say. The superlight parts only makes sense when the whole bike is built with superlight parts. Otherwise just make it normal racing machine. A set of handlebars won't change anything.

prendrefeu: I did read that the OP was riding on a rough soviet roads. Have you ever been in a post soviet country and have an idea how some of these roads can be like? They are sometimes more like a cyclocross route (or even worse) than what can be considered a road in a western country.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I have not ridden on post-soviet roads, but I have ridden tuned parts on dirt trails and very rough roads out here - they can get very nasty, despite not being a post-soviet country. Out West, whether you're in a major city or just outside of it, having a marked "road" be simply gravel/dirt and water ruts is quite common even when its surrounded by properties in the upper $900,000's (which is sadly considered 'cheap' here)

Although I've only been to Moscow and St. Petersburg and their outskirt areas, the roads there seemed considerably smoother and cleaner than 95% of the roads in the Los Angeles area. LA roads are usually an afterthought, our infrastructure is typically outdated.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Sorry to drag up the thread, but I was hoping to read some more opinions/reviews on this bar. It's been around for a while and I assume a few of you must have one (OP?). FWIW I've found the Rigid stem to be excellent so will probably pull the trigger anyway. At 80kg I can't go for a TLO and the 100kg weight limit is confidence inspiring at only a small weight penalty.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

AX bars only come in 26mm (clamping area) therefore stem options could be limited. Majority of the newer bars are 31mm. I have an AX bar paired with an AX Zeus stem -- no issues with that combo and is relatively stiff.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Current ax bars are 31.8, just as their new stem (rigid) accepts 31.8 bars.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;