New to road tubeless with questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

beatle

by beatle

Devon wrote:
beatle wrote:I am so done with tubes, period. I carry CO2, superglue, and a self sticking tube patch. For holes that don't seal, let the tire lose pressure, apply superglue to the tire, apply the tube patch overtop of the glue, wait, inflate. The patch/glue just provides a surface to allow the sealant (oh yeah Orange seal int he tire already) to clot.

Sounds like the process takes longer than sticking a tube in...

Not really and it is easier, no removing of wheel, no dealing with spilling sealant, no carrying of tubes, and this method works on tubulars as well. Plus it is rarely necessary as sealant works 95% so far for me.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Another question for road tubeless setups...

Is there another pump out there like the Bontrager Flash Charger for seating a tubeless tire on a UST tubeless rim? I know that Topeak has the Joe Blow Booster set to come out in 2016, but I have yet to see a definitive date for release on that product. I checked with Silca (just for fun) and they said that they do not have anything in their short-term plans for such a product. Is anyone else other than Topeak slated to release a floor pump capable of seating tubless tires (and sometime soon), or is it just Bontrager (and soon to be Topeak)?

Are the only options at this time the Flash Charger, an air compressor, or a CO2 cartridge (which I have not had luck on for seating the tire on the occasions where I tried to do so as a test)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Krackor

by Krackor

http://www.airshotltd.com/

It's just an air tank with a presta valve on the end, so it will turn any pump you have into a Flash Charger-style pump. I haven't tried it, just heard about it.