ROSE Race Attack SL-160 Seat Post - 160g

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Devon

by Devon

I'm quite surprised there's no mention of this (only one comment in 'what I bought today' back in 2013).

This looks to be a decently light (160g) straight carbon post for sub $100 (£70).

Any experiences or thoughts? It's a similar weight to the KCNC I was looking at but at a slightly more pocket-friendly pricetag.

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/rose-r ... aid:488814

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Devon wrote:I'm quite surprised there's no mention of this (only one comment in 'what I bought today' back in 2013).

This looks to be a decently light (160g) straight carbon post for sub $100 (£70).

Any experiences or thoughts? It's a similar weight to the KCNC I was looking at but at a slightly more pocket-friendly pricetag.

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/rose-r ... aid:488814

I have no info of this seat post. But i could say the posts from MCFK and AX Lightness are very nice.

They are having a layup which is made for comfortable flex. I will never run any seat post again made to be stiff.

The only downsizer is you have a short range of use, so you'd need to figure which lenght is for you.

You also have the more heavy Ergon CF3 Pro which i would like to try. However, this has a clamping mechanism working 7*7 mm rails and there is

an additional Flip-head that allows 7*9mm rails. MCFK and AX easily work with my saddles 10mm rails to.

I am not sure what other brands making light seat posts which allows this nice flex?

3T has a new one, but it's only with seat back.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Devon

by Devon

Not relevant. Those posts are almost 3x the price of the Rose.

Attermann

by Attermann

i am using the one with 25 mm setback, in a 31,6 version, i think its pretty well made, the clamp is very good, holds the saddle and doesn't creek

Devon

by Devon

Is the weight true to claimed?

jekyll man

by jekyll man

You could always get a hylix.

Even more pocket friendly (and lighter)...
Official cafe stop tester

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

I can't say for the Attact SL-160, but I do have experience with ROSE RC-170 whicht is a great post. Light and very comfortable.

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

I might be wrong but this looks exactly the same as the Condor Supremacy post. I've been a big fan of that for years, and it's on sale for £60 now I think. I guess it's just a branded Chinese design picked up by multiple resellers?
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

Devon

by Devon

Assuming you mean this one, the clamp design is completely different. However, I couldn't care less. The weight looks to be around the same. Where did you find it for £60?

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

No I mean this one. There was a sale on recently and it was £59, but that might have been a Black Friday deal or something. In any case, it's highly rated. If you can't find one mines going spare - only used a handful of times on my second bike. PM me if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com