Photo's of the Campagnolo Disc brake system. Who has them?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Who can supply us with pictures of the campagnolo disc brake system? will it be 100% built by Campagnolo or will it be the formula/campa hybrid we have seen on Colnagos?

:noidea:

The article on cycling news sparked this topic, as I'm really wondering about them brakes. The brakes in the pic are Sram Red as used by Team Roompot on FFWD wheels.

'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Devon

by Devon

I would imagine it will be Formula internals built into Campy levers. Very keen to see more...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

As an aside to this discussion, are there any rumors of Campagnolo Bora disc wheels being introduced simultaneously?
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

maggierose
Shop Owner

by maggierose

I can't find the reference I read but I recall reading that we would see the system in January and that it was developed in-house by Campagnolo and not a collaboration with Formula. I'm anxious to see what they come up with.

Devon

by Devon

Interesting. I'm most focussed on how it will affect the shifter/hood shape.

ohhyeok90

by ohhyeok90

I saw rear system with white on campa logo.

looks much beutiful than shimano I think(as always)

fogman

by fogman

Very little information from this article, but they will be available to the pro teams for the 2016 Spring Classics.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/campagn ... o-peloton/
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Ok now I am excited. Next build will be Campa with discs. Happy Pete.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

You would expect first of all to see hydraulic internals built into EPS levers, that would be the easy part. Putting hydraulic internals into mechanical levers would be the difficult bit, so it would not surprise me to see Campagnolo introduce cable-operated disc brakes at the Veloce/Centaur end of things.

RussellS

by RussellS

Valbrona wrote:so it would not surprise me to see Campagnolo introduce cable-operated disc brakes at the Veloce/Centaur end of things.

Agree. I do not see disc brakes and the upper end of road groups, Dura Ace, Record, Super, Red, going together. Discs are bad weather and dirt brakes. Or cyclocross. Those conditions and the top road groups don't go together. Discs and Ultegra, 105, Force, Rival, Centaur, Veloce, yes those match. Its something like putting snow tires and chains on your Ferrari. Would you do that? No. You would leave the Ferrari in the garage and drive another vehicle. If you slide on the snow and into the ditch, so what, its not the Ferrari.

corky

by corky

But the Peloton will be using them next year and you can't tell me that the pros will be riding anything other than record level.....

Devon

by Devon

The peloton will be using Record yes, but not all of us peasants can afford such niceties :wink:

ph

by ph

Didn't occur to me until reading this thread but I hope the "fluid system hidden in handlebars" http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/campagnolo-specialized-say-they-will-be-ready-for-disc-brakes-in-2016-pro-peloton/ isn't an under the bar tape version of the TRP Parabox.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

I hope it's not a hybrid system as well. Seems like a bit of a half assed solution to hydraulic braking to me...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devon

by Devon

Is it half arsed, or is it smart? It would allow users of existing groups to fit hydro brakes without having to upgrade levers. ALSO, it negates the need for horrid, chunky hoods. I'm all for an internal reservoir within the bar.