Reckless & Careless Giant Bicycles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ridebikereadbook

by ridebikereadbook

Last edited by ridebikereadbook on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devon

by Devon

ridebikereadbook wrote:Aww you sweet Pollyanna. I know your looks when you see an expensive bicycle. I know how you feel deep inside. I know your poor fake personality and the issues you have inside. But there is a still hope for you because you like to travel. It means you have some effort to enlarge your point of views for understanding life and its liquid dynamics better. I hope one day you can have a bicycle from the countries you visit just like I do.

Ciao Ciao bambino.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ridebikereadbook

by ridebikereadbook

Last edited by ridebikereadbook on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

wingguy

by wingguy

xena wrote:I'm not the one who's getting upset and worked up.

I didn't say you were. I said you were exibiting a glaring double standard in judging (and insulting) some members but not others.

"Unless you let the big companies have it they will Fudge you up the Bum area every time and get away with absolute minimum liability." Why should Giant have any liability towards his bike repair? If you crashed your car would you expect Toyota or Ford or BMW to sort it out for you FOC? No, you'd either pay for repairs or claim on insurance. If you dropped an Ipad would you expect Apple to pay for it to come back and be inspected to see if the screen was faulty before you broke it?

I'm all for holding companies accountable for their own mistakes but they are absolutely not responsible for his mistakes. You're both living in a dreamworld.

xena
Banned

by xena

Devon wrote:How about donating the (fixed and working fine) frame to someone who needs it, rather than destroying and wasting it?

Who needs it ? What a ridiculous comment. That was his frame and he has every right to smash the crap out of it. Just like you have every right to go online buy a broken frame repair it and donate it to someone who " needs it"
I need a new car, do you think Lewis Hamilton will fix up and repair one of his smashed up F1 cars. I really need it :lol:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

ridebikereadbook

by ridebikereadbook

Last edited by ridebikereadbook on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Devon

by Devon

xena wrote:Who needs it ? What a ridiculous comment. That was his frame and he has every right to smash the crap out of it. Just like you have every right to go online buy a broken frame repair it and donate it to someone who " needs it"
I need a new car, do you think Lewis Hamilton will fix up and repair one of his smashed up F1 cars. I really need it :lol:

Smashing it is one thing, but getting a kick out of boasting about it and repeatedly telling everyone how 'rich' you are, is another. If you want to get a kick out of having money, do something productive with it and help others. He's already claimed he donates to kids who want to learn bike racing - one of those would be a perfect recipient.

ridebikereadbook

by ridebikereadbook

ridebikereadbook

by ridebikereadbook

Last edited by ridebikereadbook on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

wingguy

by wingguy

xena wrote:
Devon wrote:Who needs it ? What a ridiculous comment. That was his frame and he has every right to smash the crap out of it.

So.. you think it's ridiculous to even suggest that it would have been nice for BikeBook to do something above and beyond his obligations for the good of a fellow cyclist, but you think that Giant absolutely must go above and beyond their obligations for the good of a fellow cyclist?

Devon

by Devon

wingguy wrote:So.. you think it's ridiculous to even suggest that it would have been nice for BikeBook to do something above and beyond his obligations for the good of a fellow cyclist, but you think that Giant absolutely must go above and beyond their obligations for the good of a fellow cyclist?

Full circle. Well said :thumbup:

xena
Banned

by xena

wingguy wrote:
xena wrote:I'm not the one who's getting upset and worked up.

I didn't say you were. I said you were exibiting a glaring double standard in judging (and insulting) some members but not others.

"Unless you let the big companies have it they will Fudge you up the Bum area every time and get away with absolute minimum liability." Why should Giant have any liability towards his bike repair? If you crashed your car would you expect Toyota or Ford or BMW to sort it out for you FOC? No, you'd either pay for repairs or claim on insurance. If you dropped an Ipad would you expect Apple to pay for it to come back and be inspected to see if the screen was faulty before you broke it?

I'm all for holding companies accountable for their own mistakes but they are absolutely not responsible for his mistakes. You're both living in a dreamworld.

I have not insulted no one. I have just stated my view to the words expressed. I don't think in anyway I have shown" double standard"

I agree that Giant may not be responsible for the damage done but that does not mean they could not afford to be generous in getting one of their own frames repaired and back to one of their own customers does it? Look at the profits how about giving a bit back.
These big companies make it difficult as possible. They ideally want you to just go away and buy a new frame. They set policy's of minimum liability.
The shops on the frontline have to deal with this and the majority of those have the same principle. My friend owns a bike shop and the mark up on expensive carbon bikes is huge. I have no sympathy for Giant or anyone else. You want great service then don't accept less.
I had a 6 month battle with zipp to replace high end carbon bars that just snapped. They did everything they could not to refund or replace. It was only through my sheer persistence that I got the bars replaced. We need to make these companies accountable for their customer service. " customer service"

xena
Banned

by xena

wingguy wrote:
xena wrote:
Devon wrote:Who needs it ? What a ridiculous comment. That was his frame and he has every right to smash the crap out of it.

So.. you think it's ridiculous to even suggest that it would have been nice for BikeBook to do something above and beyond his obligations for the good of a fellow cyclist, but you think that Giant absolutely must go above and beyond their obligations for the good of a fellow cyclist?

Why should he do that? He has no obligation to do that. He smashed it up and he's rich . I wish I was.
Giant do have a obligation for good customer service .
Stop defending a company who make billions.
If your so concerned about the " needy" write to Giant and ask them to donate some bikes to all those people who "need it"

mimason

by mimason

Disclaimer: I did not read any replies to the OP.

The issue is not Giant's but the hit and run person. You should pursue this by reporting to the police and at a minumum getting a report for insurance purposes. You may be able to file a claim under your home owners or auto policy (not sure exactly) if you cannot get the driver to pay for the damages.

Other than that you are completely off base in your logic. Shit happens.

The other day a deer ran into the side of my car and scratched the paint a little and created a small dent. Does VW need to pay for this or give me a discount on repairs? No!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aqualelaki

by aqualelaki

That's life! Bad luck happens. Deal with it and move on.