SuperSix Evo - Tarmac Expert - SLR02

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Which bike would you buy? Which one do you prefer?

Cannondale Supersix Evo Ultegra (Green version)
73%
Specialized Tarmac Expert (Ultegra, Red paint...)
14%
BMC SLR02 105
13%

Total votes: 56

Lugnegard

by Lugnegard

Yes, I know there is a lot of similar threads, but I want your opinion today, not one year ago :)

I'm about to buy a new bike, complete, not a frame set. My budget is max $3500. I want something very allround with great power transfer. Comfort is not really a concern as long as it's not ultra stiff with zero compliance. It should be ok to make long ride, but I dont want a Roubaix or similar :)

So I've narrowed it down to the following. Very standard bikes, but that doesn't matter to me.

What is your experience with your Supersix/Tarmac/SLR02?
What don't you like about it?

And yes, some of you will say: -Pick the one you like the most with the coolest paint job.
Well, I don't really have the budget or interested to buy a bike that expensive, cause it would mean a S-works, just for the sheer beauty of it. I don't feel comfortable spending that amount on a bike, at least not yet ;)

Thanks for your time and vote :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mgoles

by mgoles

Consider Giant TCR also... I bought SL version 2014 for much less money than your budget, that frameset is same range as s-works, hi-mod and slr-01....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgoles

by mgoles

Or take a look on 2016 tcr advanced pro with ultegra and carbon clinchers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeLuz

by DeLuz

I had a S-Works Tarmac SL3 in size 52cm, it was too stiff beat me up.
Now I have a Supersix EVO and love it.
I bought the cheapest 105 version, stripped and sold the parts and put Chorus 11 speed on it and wheels built by myself, awesome.

Doolop

by Doolop

I can honestly say that the new tarmac is hands down the best bike I have ever ridden.
I had a 13' evo dura ace and I found it to be a little bit to flexy in the front end and bottom bracket for my liking.
I found the caad12 to ride better then the evo. (fwiw the amount of bikes ive owned for comparison is huge)

Lugnegard

by Lugnegard

Thanks everyone for your input, helps alot!
Doolop: Which version of the Tarmac are you referring to?

Lugnegard

by Lugnegard

Been lurking over at Evans for month, they got some great deals on 2015 models. Found a very nice Evo Ultegra in the Liquigas green, but they didn't have my size. The 56 slot said "Discontinued", really ashame since the price was good at $2000. Then tonight when surfing around the 56 slot was open for purchase(!!), so I bought it straight away. Really good price, have seen it for $2500, but only Evans had it for $2000, which gives me $1000 on upgrades which will include a new cock-pit (Zipp) and some slightly better wheels.
The guy who designs all cool custom paintjobs for C-dale and Spec will create a special version of his Sagan TDF bike and we'll have it painted at Lumar Color in Italy (paint factory for several high-end brands). It will be cool!

ohhyeok90

by ohhyeok90

Pick the one you like the most with the coolest paint job. +1

but another way is choose most popular in you region because when you can sell.

I bet you may have want 'expensive' bike one day.

Lugnegard

by Lugnegard

My only concern is whether it is stiff enough in the bottom bracket, I really don't want any flex sideways when pedalling hard or standing up.

In regards to wanting an "expensive" bike one day. Well, to start with I consider this to be an expensive bike. It costed $3450 when not on sale. That is a lot of money.
When this bike is complete it will have Red22, Enve or campa wheels and a full Zipp cock-pit. It will sure be expensive :).

Devon

by Devon

I cracked an SLR02. Lovely bike to ride, mind. Rock solid, stiff and climbs like a monster.

mook0576

by mook0576

I think supersix is very good

joepac

by joepac

I liked the ride feel of the Tarmac better than the Supersix. Never tried a BMC... Try them all out if you can and then pick.

Philbar72

by Philbar72

tried the 3 better brethren of these. I own a team machine SLR01. its a fantastic bike. the S works tarmac would be my second choice.

Loads of club mates have the SLR02. they all to a person love them. same with Tarmac, Same with Evo...

it might depend on how they fit you!

westham7

by westham7

How much does the bmc aero road frameset run

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

younggil

by younggil

Cannondale Supersix Evo Ultegra or BMC slr01