Tune wasserträger 2.0

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

Anyone here have used this bottle cage? 9gr is crazy light and they look awesome!

Only found this review http://www.lifeisabeautifuldetail.com/b ... /tunecage2 and here he says that it's not a good fit for camelbacks (the ones I use).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Yes have them and they are solid. Excellent cages with superb finish

coppercook62

by coppercook62

I like mine. I had Carbonsports Lightweight cages and these are much better. They hold bottle secure. The problem with the LW cages is they only could hold Tacx bottles. All other bottles where too small.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

thanks guys! any of you use those camelbak podium ice bottles? I love them, wouldn't like to change them because of incompability with the cages :/

LeviR

by LeviR

That sure is a work of art!

Kukula

by Kukula

I have them. Awesome cages. They work well with any of my Camelbak Podium bottles

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

Hey all. It's actually me that wrote that review on the bottle cages. They've been great cages and haven't tossed a bottle once. They work best with the included Tune bottle but they also work well with Elite bottles. I've tried 4 pairs of the Camelback bottles from Rapha and all go in easily but are difficult to get back out. Definitely not a good idea while riding.

The over thing I've noticed over time is that larger/taller bottles will rattle against the frame on the downtube. Especially when full as they put more weight outside the cage creating greater leverage against the thin cage.

choiboi

by choiboi

I use them with my elite bottles never dropped a bottled. I only run it with one of the rubber grips and it makes taking the bottle out pretty painless, yet secures the bottle enough to not lose it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
David
[b]'10 CANNONDALE CAAD10

Ivanhoo

by Ivanhoo

I use the Tune Wasserträger 2.0 on my mountainbike. In races there are lot of bottles who fell out the cages.
The Tune cages hold my Tacx bottles perfectly. Never lost one.

I use Elite Cannibal on my road bike now, I will replace them with Tune Wasserträger 2.0's soon.
Although these will cost a lot more but are lighter and handle better. The Elites have a very tight and strong rubber fit.

uraqt

by uraqt

Any updates? anybody brake one yet?

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

We haven't seen a single failure with them since the release. The only real complaint we've had is that they don't work well with Camelback bottles. (wouldn't really consider that the cages fault since the bottle is a little larger than normal.)

timjerome

by timjerome

I didn't realize about the Camelbak bottles. They actually fit slightly loose in my Arundel cages...

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

Glad to hear Fairwheel confirm the tight fit on the Camelbacks. It's too bad but the far more common Specialized Purist bottles work fine.

RyanH

by RyanH

I have a new model and an older model (different graphics, same design) and both cannot take my Camelbak bottles. I mean, I can get them in, but I have to wrestle them out. The Purist bottles are a perfect fit and the cages work very well with them. I just have to be conscientious to pull the bottle straight out since it can "snag" if I yank it from the side like I used to with my Arundels. With that in mind, I'd buy them again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hongsj

by hongsj

Amazing~~ I want to buy it.