Any users of Reynolds 46 Clinchers?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Point

by Point

As title really, does anyone have any experience of Reynolds 46 Clinchers

These ones to be exact, also do you know what year these are?:

Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

Grill

by Grill

Yes, had many sets. Those are 2012-2014 (well the graphics are at least). If they're 11spd Shimano then they're at least 2013.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cookiemonster

by cookiemonster

I have a pair of these for 3 years or so fitted to my "best"bike. They've had a relatively easy life as the other bike sees the rain, commute and suchlike, but I can't fault them. I'm a big fan of dt240 hubs - my general-use wheels have a 10 year old pair that have been faultless, and I've crossed Syria, Nepal, Tibet and suchlike on pair of dt240s laced to mtb rims.

They seem aero enough for me and are docile in strong cross winds. Dry braking with Reynolds blue pads is fine; perhaps the initial bite isn't as smooth as you'd expect but no big deal. My only complaint with braking in the wet or even just damp is they're screechy - might just be that I need to adjust something somewhere, but stopping is fine.
They've a nice balance of comfort and stiffness - more comfy than the shamals that they replaced (which were also a great wheel), and I've never noticed any issues with stiffness when sprinting or out the saddle climbing (me being 70kg).

Ive started using 25 and 28mm tubeless on the other bikes, so if I was buying again now I'd get something with a wider rim and tubeless ready, but it's not something that's a day to day concern.

The graphics are just stickers and the wheels look fantastic IMO with one side of the stickers taken off.

Can't really think of any major downside. Cost?

lannes

by lannes

I am running two set of this wheel except the tubular version, have been running them since 2012, no problems at all, the dt240s hubs are bullet proof and the reynolds build quality is fantastic.
The wheelsets are still like new and I have never had to service them at all. They go well with 23mm tyre and maybe up to 25mm as well.
These are my preferred wheels, lite, durable and not expensive.

Braking is always good with the Reynolds cryo blue, all braking in the wet with carbon rims is hit and miss, with the new cryo blue power pads this improves significantly.

I think the 46mm rim profile is the best middle ground

Rick

by Rick

I have a 2011-2012 set; but I am not absolutely sure they are the same as the ones pictured because I stripped off the decals a long time ago.

was there a specific question ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Someone has spied a black Friday deal... ;)

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk