Weaponized jockey wheels? Other alternatives?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Devon

by Devon

Looking for aftermarket replacement jockey wheels for my 2014 Centaur, ideally in orange. Have found some mid-priced ones from Weaponized, with a sealed bearing, however have no experience with the brand. Any recommendations?

http://www.cyclomonster.com/aest-11t-jo ... GwodzogFIA

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Those are re-branded AEST jockey wheels, it even says so in the url if you read it. :)
They're fine if that's the colour you're looking for.

eBay also has plenty, plenty of options. Most of the allow 'light' variations in design from from AEST or one or two other manufacturers that, in addition to offering them under their own brand, allow for re-branding/OEM market. Basically just find the design, colour and weight that you like at a price you are willing to pay and that's it. You'll be fine.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devon

by Devon

prendrefeu wrote:Those are re-branded AEST jockey wheels, it even says so in the url if you read it. :)
They're fine if that's the colour you're looking for.

eBay also has plenty, plenty of options. Most of the allow 'light' variations in design from from AEST or one or two other manufacturers that, in addition to offering them under their own brand, allow for re-branding/OEM market. Basically just find the design, colour and weight that you like at a price you are willing to pay and that's it. You'll be fine.

I spotted that in the URL and did wonder. I found a pair of AEST ones for the same price as a single 'Weaponized' but they didn't come in orange.

I guess at the end of the day, it's only a jockey... :thumbup:

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

lots of choices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cycling-/7294/i ... %29+orange

OR, if the issue os bearings, and your current jockey wheels have bearings that can be pressed out, just replace the bearing?

Marin

by Marin

I bought some cheap jockey wheels online to experiment with size, and I found the the bearing width was slightly different to my OEM Sram ones, and I had to swap bearing covers and grind down stuff to get the same width.

I'm pretty sure the aftermarket jockey wheel manufacturers didn't change their designs from 10 to 11 speed.

Devon

by Devon

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Some of the ebay listings specify width dimensions so I'll be sure to double check.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclomonster

by cyclomonster

Hi

I've just picked up on this thread and wanted to correct a misconception, we supply the Weaponized brand its not a rebranded Aest product, the product is manufactured by a completly different factory to our specifications. Its a nice product with a sealed bearing :D

The url the product previously linked to was just a duplicated page.

https://www.cyclomonster.com/weaponized ... r-11t-1768

Cheers