Parlee Altum or Sworks Tarmac

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Check out Buy & Sell in Cycling Weekly (frames for sale)
Both are for sale. I know this as I'm selling the Parlee and I will do a good price for a WW

pdmtong

by pdmtong

JimV wrote:I can not say anything about the Specialized. I own an ESX and an Altum, and previously a Z5. I spent a lot more time on the Altum than the ESX this year. Parlee has the balance just right in my opinion. I am a 1600+ watt sprinter and don't have any complaints about stiffness in sprints, but the savings in fatigue is real. The bike just disappears beneath you and lets you ride with out drama. When I first got the Z5 the thing that was noticeable was that I rode farther or faster for the same effort. I would get back from the ride and I would be pleasantly surprised that if I thought I rode 100k the ride was really 120k. The Altum lost a couple of hundred grams and gained some front end stiffness out of the saddle compared to the Z5. Finishing in the top 25 in 1-2's races is not a problem on the Altum.

^ this. Parlee has a certain ride quality that they try to extend across their offerings. Given the prices, it's understandable they are not as commonly seen. I had a handmade Z3c. Sublime. I only sold it because I want to replace it with similar in the newer lighter layups. The "asian" frames have been developed to match the ride of the handmades, and the truth is, the handmades are not targeted to those needing custom OR the price no object buyer. the asian models are that good.

if resale is a consideration, tarmacs are ubiquitous.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com