Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

junchen

by junchen

speedyvelo1 wrote:
junchen wrote:Was looking at a couple of Chinese carbon frames and there's the option to choose the bb, eg b86 bsa, bb30 etc. Is there any preferred bb?
Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Get bsa it is the old standard that accept most of the BB. It does not get loose and can be adjusted for minor changes in chain alignment if need it ( with some of the brands).
I have both BSA and BB30. The HongFu fm069 that I got I choose BSA. If you go with BB30 you must glue it, otherwise it will get loose with time. You must use Loctite 641 or 609.

-=terry=-

Thank you. I chose bsa.. :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

resurtm

by resurtm

Junior7 wrote:Ever seen, very soft bad quality.

I consider this as trolling as no details have been given. :roll:
What frame did you examined? Year manufactured?
Asking this since LTK118 real experience users telling me different things about LongTeng Bikes' frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

olll

by olll

Hi,

New to this forum, let's if I get better answers here :)

I'm looking for a new project, and have started to plan for a new road bike build for next years season. I'm considering a chinese carbon frame, mainly because I would like to create something unique with my own personal touch.

My thoughts:
- Light frame (of course)
- Not so stiff that it becomes uncomfortable, but still relatively stiff (very subjective, I know..)
- Space for at least 25 mm tires, maybe up to 27-28 mm (not a conti 4ks2 28 mm, but actual 28 mm :wink:)
- quite classical clean look, rather than super aero
- size 60 cm (I'm 193 cm tall (6'4"))
- price around $500
- BSA (mostly because it feels easy, so not a hard demand)

I like the FM-066, and dengfu's R01. But isn't the FM-066 a couple of years old now? On the other hand, R01 is perhaps too new?
What options fits into my thoughts? And what stores should be avoided and which are reliable ones?

Alpinetrailer

by Alpinetrailer

This looks like a Workswell frameset on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-R5-700C-Roa ... SwnipWUl2Z

Price is ridiculously low.
Scam of some kind?

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

I've been saving for something new and might make the jump to a plastic bike. Has anyone tried the Deng Fu R01 yet, or is it still pre-production?

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

Alpinetrailer wrote:This looks like a Workswell frameset on ebay.

Scam of some kind?

I don't know what that is. The top tube length is all screwed up, way to long on the 54 cm. Also the internal cable ports are riveted into the frame. On my Workswell they are just pressed in with a snap fit. Otherwise it is very similar. Interesting they say it is an R5 frame. Even Workswell doesn't claim that.

Brand new ebay member, no sales of record. Gotta be a scam.
Robert

Alpinetrailer

by Alpinetrailer

rpenmanparker wrote:

Scam of some kind?

I don't know what that is. The top tube length is all screwed up, way to long on the 54 cm. Also the internal cable ports are riveted into the frame. On my Workswell they are just pressed in with a snap fit. Otherwise it is very similar. Interesting they say it is an R5 frame. Even Workswell doesn't claim that.

You are right, the toptube lengths are all wrong, but the stack and reach match workswell/cervelo.
I think the rivets you mention might be flat head screws. I hope the ports are removable.
I just can't believe it is only $57 shipped...

glepore

by glepore

If you bite on that ad, you deserve what is bound to happen :)
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

resurtm wrote:
weeni wrote:available size 50/55cm

Thanks! Too small for me. I need at least ETT of 580—590mm.
Also did you read my comment? I've already paid my frame. So there's no chance to change my decision.
Thanks anyway.

we are carbonspeed bicycle.
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

resurtm

by resurtm

weeni wrote:
resurtm wrote:
weeni wrote:available size 50/55cm

Thanks! Too small for me. I need at least ETT of 580—590mm.
Also did you read my comment? I've already paid my frame. So there's no chance to change my decision.
Thanks anyway.

we are carbonspeed bicycle.

Thanks! I really appreciate your help, but as I already mentioned I've paid my LTK118 frame.
Also could you please give me your email? I'm interested in lightweight clincher wheelsets for now.
Peter Xue (isn't he's the same person as you?) doesn't reply me via Skype/email at all.

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

Alpinetrailer wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:

Scam of some kind?

You are right, the toptube lengths are all wrong, but the stack and reach match workswell/cervelo.
I think the rivets you mention might be flat head screws. I hope the ports are removable.
I just can't believe it is only $57 shipped...

Screws or rivets, makes no difference to the point that the Workswell doesn't have either.
Robert

rms13

by rms13

rpenmanparker wrote:Does anyone know whether the Workswell 066 frame is bare carbon or matte clearcoated? If I had to guess, I would say bare. Anyone know any different?

Mine is bare. I only know because they asked if I minded raw carbon because they had one ready to ship and it would be faster

olll

by olll

olll wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for a new project, and have started to plan for a new road bike build for next years season. I'm considering a chinese carbon frame, mainly because I would like to create something unique with my own personal touch.

My thoughts:
- Not so stiff that it becomes uncomfortable, but still relatively stiff (very subjective, I know..)
- Space for at least 25 mm tires, maybe up to 27-28 mm (not a conti 4ks2 28 mm, but actual 28 mm :wink:)
- price around $500

I like the FM-066, and dengfu's R01. But isn't the FM-066 a couple of years old now? On the other hand, R01 is perhaps too new?
What options fits into my thoughts? And what stores should be avoided and which are reliable ones?

Hongfu is offering me a FM066SL for $530. Seems like a good deal, right?
Anything special I should consider before buying? (Never ordered anything from china before)

rpenmanparker

by rpenmanparker

olll wrote:

My thoughts:
- price around $500

Anything special I should consider before buying? (Never ordered anything from china before)

Delivered?
Paid via Pay Pal without a 3% upcharge?
With all necessary parts included?
Those are the things that drive up the price. If included great. Otherwise beware.
Robert

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

olll

by olll

rpenmanparker wrote:
olll wrote:

My thoughts:
- price around $500

Delivered?
Paid via Pay Pal without a 3% upcharge?
With all necessary parts included?
Those are the things that drive up the price. If included great. Otherwise beware.

Only frame. Total $630 or something similar.
Dengfu wanted that for only the frame, ending up over $700.
What should I be beware of?
Should I be nervous about payment?