ride differences? TCR Advanced Pro vs TCR Advanced SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

gavin wrote:I am 180 cm and saddle height is 751 mm

When you buy a bike box Alan you specify height of seatpost and isp or not .

Also you can remove the seat which makes the height lower .

Another bike bag option is Scion bags which do not require the removal of seatpost

those are >$500 bike cases, most cheaper cases requires seatpost removal, ISP and traveling are well documented, most reviews advise against it.

gavin

by gavin

If you spend £4-5k on a bike you squabble about £400 for a bike box :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I used to work in a Giant store.
I test ride the TCR composite, advanced and advanced SL all back to back.
Each bike had the same finishing kit and wheels so you could really feel the difference between the frames.
At the time I was as fit as I'd been so I could push the bikes quite hard.
There was a defo ate difference between each bike even though aesthetically they were virtually the same.
The Advanced at the time was the best bike I'd ever ridden and the SL was even better, a little stiffer yet just as comfy, slightly more power transfer and a slightly more solid ride.
I'm not sure it would necessarily make you much faster but you could certainly feel it.

That was the day a learned that all carbon isn't the same.
The same year I got to test the Look range with all its gimmicks and the beautiful Wilier range, neither were a patch on the Giants.
If the SL within budget then go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tarmackev

by tarmackev

At the time I was doing a bit of racing, nothing serious though. A year or so later I ended up on a Defy advanced SL and I preferred it to the TCR.
Before Giants I was on Cervelo, however much I love Cervelo as a brand the TCR SL and Defy SL blew my S3 away in every area (apart from a wind tunnel I'm guessing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addict

by addict

Recently tested my scott foil 1gen M54 HMX bike vs Giant tcr adv disc M54 (both sram red equipped) on Tacx Neo turbo.. At 800W foil is completely stable, while tcr showed considerable torsional flex in rear triangle.. At first I saw bike side wavering at high loads. Then accidentally noticed light scratches on trainer after some sprints. Attritions was from rear disc brake caliper. Giant very firm at front, but think this rear flex makes it not so good for sprints/attacks. Anybody notice same with TCR adv SL frame? Next week would try compare this to 2 gen scott foil)

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

rick222 wrote:Love ISP's or hate em but the ride I get with with the ISP on my 2016 TCR SL 2 is much improved compared with my older Advanced without the ISP. It's amazing how much they can tune an ISP with the correct carbon layout.

Sexy 🤤

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Very sexy !!!! :thumbup: