Insoles.... tips of brands

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

1415chris

by 1415chris

I had to replace paper like with non existing arc support sidi wire inner sole.
Superfeet carbon did the trick.

AJS914

by AJS914

mariovalentim wrote:One question, you need soles like these because your feet doesn't get the support that the shoe provides correct? Wouldn't a shoe like Bont be the better choice? Just mold it in the oven and get the perfect contour to your feet.

I've had Bonts. The arch and sole doesn't mold. It's too thick. My issue with Bonts (A3 model) was that the toe box wasn't high enough to accommodate my insole and the stock Bont insole that came with those shoes created hot spots. They almost worked for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

I have tried a lot of different insoles, (including esoles and superfeet) because my feet will ache if I don't have support, yet my arch is actually quite high....high enough that most so called "arch supports" don't even touch it.
In my street shoes I use the "walkfit" brand, similar to the high arch models from "The Good Feet Store", except a lot cheaper.

The only ones that I have found that are high enough cycling shoes are the Specialized S-works green supports. So if you have a high arch, try them. For some reason the green (highest) S-works seems like they were molded precisely to MY foot. :D
But in fact the 2011-2012 version is very slightly higher and firmer. So I buy those whenever I can find some. The newer green ones are almost as good, but my foot can actually tell the difference.

AJS914

by AJS914

Steve Hogg has lots of interesting thoughts on arch support.

https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/bi ... h-support/

I've been using insoles (mostly superfeet but now Sole) in cycling shoes for 25 years so I didn't need convincing but the interesting point I think he makes is that for cycling you want more arch than you might put in your regular shoes. The arch is not serving so much of a mechanical function but a feedback function.

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

For high arches and arch support also consider Sidas insoles. http://www.sidassport.com

I have used a single pair for many years. Very good arch support, can be heat molded. You can also get effectively the same insoles from Fizik, who have them made by Sidas.

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Ive had good luck with eSoles. i have different amounts of arch supports in left and right shoes. The soles come with several different arch supports which attach very neatly using velcro. 2 years and about 25000km old and still work as good as they did the day i got them. The arches are not made of foam that compresses or deforms over time. i need a couple more pairs for MTB and winter shoes now

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I have just received my new Lake brand shoes and I have their carbon Raven moldable insoles ordered also, unfortunately they are still about 4 weeks away.............. Red Kite Prayer has a review on them
http://redkiteprayer.com/2014/11/lake-r ... 3-insoles/

Steve
BB

Coffee & carbon

BONJUNGU

by BONJUNGU

Shimano custom fit insoles, It`s very good.

pdmtong

by pdmtong

the specialized insoles are "thick" and I would guess will not be optimal with the low volume of the mavic.

superfeet - try those first.

dont get hung up on brand. the ones I have had for years are really basic from REI-outlet.com with a carbon arch.

Antoine

by Antoine

I have been using Pearl Izumi 1:1 Insole System http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;p ... 18,154;mid[29]=1;orderby=2

and they provide goof arch support. As good as the green Specialized I also use but tunable and not as thick.

han1337

by han1337

I use bootdoc carbon soles.
Because their company is next to the one where I work.
Tried them and they are perfect for me.
Have them in all my shoes.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Thank you!

There are many excellent choices here.

Yes, the Mavics are tight. I think it would be best if the insole could help holding the foot against heel section.

I did purchase Fiziks insoles. Wonder if it's difficult to find anyone who can mold them!?
Last edited by wheelsONfire on Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

mgoles

by mgoles

I have currex bike, high arch insoles... And they are awesome... German made, good priceing...

http://www.currexsole.com/US/en/index.php

lippythelion

by lippythelion

If you still have the Giro shoes why don't you try putting that insole in your Mavic?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I use Giro insoles now.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com