Insoles.... tips of brands

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Guys... if you know of good insoles i am eager to hear!

Like the versions in Giro Factor. But i got a new set of Mavics which i need a new insole for.

I would like a good arc support. The Mavic insole is not working at all.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

corky

by corky

Solestar.... Cycling specific, real carbon midsole, those Germans know a thing about feet(Birkenstock).

I have the Kontakt black.....they have helped with a forefoot problem of mine and I seem to have more power, maybe psychosomatic......but I have tried Superfeet, Sedas, Specialized, YourSole blah blah blah but only the Solestar have made a difference.

tHey also recommend the sizing you need based on the make and model of shoe you use.

Of course your mileage may vary.....

nb i did not have an arch problems mine were metatarsal related.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MJB

by MJB

Superfeet for me.

I use the black insoles in Sidi Wire - gives me the contoured support my feet need to stay happy whilst pedaling.

http://superfeet.com.au/product/black/

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Less boutique but will probably work for the majority of the population: Specialized BG SL insoles. Only have 3 flavours, but the Giro sole only has three flavours too. FWIW they do correlate well, I use the Green giro insert and it provides similar (slightly less) support compared to the Specialized '+' insole.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

mentok

by mentok

I'm currently very happy with my esoles. I need lots of arch support and they have swap-able inserts to provide the correct amount while leaving the rest of my foot very neutral.

I've used the Specialized BG inserts. The version with lots of arch support was great for providing the right amount of support but it also had a massive metatarsal button which I found quite uncomfortable. They also messed with the fit of my mtb shoes so i stopped using them. I plan on giving them another go in my giro empires in the next few weeks because I only use those shoes for shorter rides and the laced upper seems to give a more nuanced fit so i'm hoping they might work a bit better.

I tried superfeet but there simply wasn't enough arch support. I've since relegated them to my weight lifting shoes where they're doing a fantastic job.

The factory Giro insoles didn't have enough support and so they didn't even get used for a ride.

I've looked at those solestars but for the price I'm yet to be convinced. They look the business, but wow...

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

I had trouble with my knees until I started using Sof Sole insoles. Really good value compared to other brands as well.

https://www.sofsole.com/category/insoles/Fit_Series
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

This is not so easy!

I looked at G8 Pro 2620 but i think it's very expansive at £80.

But it seems easy to fit the arc inserts, i wonder how the rest of the sole is.

Solestar seems interesting, but is it only one insole version?

I wonder, how that is made to fit different feets?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

One question, you need soles like these because your feet doesn't get the support that the shoe provides correct? Wouldn't a shoe like Bont be the better choice? Just mold it in the oven and get the perfect contour to your feet.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

I've been using the Louis Garneau thermo moulded insoles. I think they were $30, put them in the oven until the indicator says they are ready, put them in your shoes, and you have a nice custom fit. I use them in Sidi Wires.

calvin

by calvin

I am using heat mouldable insoles Sole thin sport
FXKalvis15 code at @montonsports

lannes

by lannes

Shimano custom fit insoles, where you can vary the arch support and heat mould them

http://www.shimano-lifestylegear.com/gl ... /soles.php

rbrtwyn

by rbrtwyn

I use custom esoles. I am not sure if they are still in business though, their website doesn't seem to have been updated for a few years. You used to be able to visit a dealer who would scan your foot and esoles would ship you a custom set a few days later. Mine from 2008 are still in great condition! I've also used D2 and Specialized, both of which I like.

AJS914

by AJS914

calvin wrote:I am using heat mouldable insoles Sole thin sport

Same here. Also they come with a 90 day guarantee so you can them without risk.

mentok

by mentok

heat moulding is fine to an extent. if you need significant arch support then you need something that actually adds volume under the arch instead of just pushing it out of the way like with most of the heat moulded inner soles.

I'm interested to hear more about the sof soles if anyone has any more experience with them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

I have tried esole, Sole, Superfeet and most of the other brand and the one that works best for me and I hate to admit it

Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles

I replacement just like tires ... after about 1,500 miles and they are cheap...