Carbon thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

UncleJohn

by UncleJohn

620g? Someone is not gonna sleep tonight :twisted:

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Testing head tube layups.

Over 1800 sqr feet of true hi modulus 55msi uni directional carbon in the freezer.

Rolls of 42 Msi intermediate modulus 2x2 twill carbon.

Front triangle coming together

Tubes in their raw early stages.

I make everything 100 percent in house. All tubes, cable stops and dropouts. It's one man one frame over here from start to finish. In the frame above I'm testing a few new types of carbon including textreme so that's why they have different looks to them.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sanrensho

by sanrensho

pitbull wrote:Here are some Bottle Cages I made for my bikes. Again if you are interested in how to make one just ask.

I'd be interested in seeing how those cages were made. Thanks.

scottdriver

by scottdriver

pitbull wrote:Here are some Bottle Cages I made for my bikes. Again if you are interested in how to make one just ask.
In my opinion a bottle cage is fairly easy to make and therefore is a nice project to start with.
Btw they weigh between 6 and 11g depending on the strength, road/mtb and shape.
]

Great bottle cages. Can you tell me what I need to make one of these cages? Do I need a special mold? What carbon material do I need?

I need to make special cages because for my Sigg Bottles are no light cages available on the market.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Here are some tubes going through the construction process.

Wrapped in prepreg ready to get baked

Uni hi mod pre preg as it comes off the spool

Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

BmanX

by BmanX

Going to enjoy watching this thread.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Popped the front triangle into the jig to check fitment and see how it's going to look.

Some close up shots of the tubes as they come off of the mandrel.

xena
Banned

by xena

This is brilliant. Come on WW's. Kevin is building frames that look pretty dam impressive. plus his other tunings. We have Kevin along with the legend that is fastdad getting some great stuff going. This is the start of a new level/era.
These guys are proving that its not all about the money its about the skills and drive to create.

COME ON. Lets not let this thread slip.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

FastDad

by FastDad

WoW Kevin...this frame will look briliant!!!

xena
Banned

by xena

I do have some unique parts on my bikes like the super light cable guides etc . My combos etc I do get/source the carbon and help as best as I can on my builds but I do not have the skills/means to finish my ideas to the standard I want them. I have a friend who is a professional with carbon he helps me finish these projects, but now we are getting posters who go from a -z without any help.
I would say this is a great chance to create/come up with ideas. We now have a wealth of expert knowledge on this site experts who are prepared to try/create new things. Push the limits.
I would love to hear original ideas any posters have and the experts on here could advise if they are possible.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

briantumma

by briantumma

subscribed and inspired - looking forward to seeing more.

pitbull

by pitbull

Marin wrote:Pitbull, I'm interested in the computer mount since the process would probably be similar to making a seatpost clamp, which I am considering doing... at some point.

I also made some seatpost clamps and will post a guide at some time. I poorly only have pictures of some first unfinished prototypes.
Really nice how you guys keep the thread going !

pitbull

by pitbull

sanrensho wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing how those cages were made. Thanks.

I will write something about it a some point :)

Kevosinn you rule !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Thanks for the kind words guys. Much more coming up in the next few months before the NAHBS show. I will be building 3 bikes to take along with bar/stem combos.