BCR2 Internal Battery question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

basenji29

by basenji29

Okay bear with me here. I am running Ultegra 6770 di2 and would like to upgrade to an internal battery.

I understand the normal procedure would be to change the junction box to an ew90 and change the shifter cables. You can then charge the battery using the BCR2 charger through the junction box.

I much prefer the standard 6770 (junction box/shifter cables). Is there any way to keep the front end the same and use the internal battery as well. Will it work? And will I be able to charge it by temporarily plugging in the Ew90 box and charging through that, without the shifters being plugged in?

Thanks for any help

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

I just researched this for similar reasons. Couldn't find anything that would lead me to believe it would work. The firmware is incompatible.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

aaric

by aaric

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=135468&p=1182461#p1182461

SuperDave (from Felt) has gotten the EW67 to work that way.

upside

by upside

I don't know how you would charge the battery.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

upside wrote:I don't know how you would charge the battery.

He just installs a 3 port new style junction temporarily to charge.

basenji29

by basenji29

Seems like it would work then. Im not sure whether there will be any issues with firmware but im willing to give it a try. Thanks

basenji29

by basenji29

If anybody else is running an internal battery with the EW67 cables, let me know how it works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

I'd ask Dave what firmware he's running...You may need to be careful not to update. And if your internal battery ships with firmware different than whats on the bike you may be forced to, as the battery won't charge with incompatible firmware on the rest of the system. I had this problem.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record