SI Crank with FSA rings - upgrade chainrings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vtsteevo

by vtsteevo

Just got a 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi Mod (used/ebay). It cam with the SI crank and FSA chainrings (609g). The SISL2 crank with Cannondale's Spidering is 484g. The upgrade cost is roughly $750, which is steep. Instead, I am consindering upgrading just the chainrings from FSA to the integrated Spidering, but I am not sure how much weight I would save there and if its worth it. Do you guys think its worth it, or just ride the snot out of those FSA chainrings? Or Bite the bullet and get the SISL2.....

jeffy

by jeffy

i am surprised that the SL+FSA Rings is as low as 609g. Crank Length and chainring sizes would be interesting(i think it is 52/36). AFAIK the SISL2 crank itself is lighter that the SL, so part of the 125g difference with be in the crank, dont know how much.

If you can find out the weight of the Spindering, and compare it to the weight of the FSA that would be useful - and interesting to post ITT.

The Spidering does look incredible IMO. Dont know how it shifts (in comparison with Shimano and Sram rings) would be interested if those with experience chime in - but i dont have much faith in FSA rings.

One thing to consider is that if you just buy the spidering, i wouldnt have thought the FSA rings would get much on ebay. But the full SL+FSA on ebay would take a bit of the sting out of the purchase of SISL2.

Maybe compromise and get the SISL2 used off ebay.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vtsteevo

by vtsteevo

Yep, 609 is what multiple people claimed (it was 52/36). What I can't find anywhere are the weights for the FSA Chainrings or the Spidering by themselves.

Good point about ebay prices..