Help me - Component Upgrade on 2014 Cervelo R3

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Bora one mid grade... wow... we have a serious gap between perceptions here... or maybe our pockets are not as deep....
I ride Bora Ultra 2 35's and Hyperion Ultra 2....
Seems I need to upgrade to a upper class set then...... :lol: 8) :evil:

Serious, Bora's are the bomb!
Buy them with some carbon upgrades here and there and u will feel and see serious upgrades on your bike.
Pascal

2012 Colnago C59 MTBK Camapgnolo Hyperon Ultra 2 and Campi SR11
2014 Merida Big 99 CF team fully
2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)
2016 Trek Mad-One Limited Team Edition

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rhyshan

by rhyshan

rodebaron51 wrote:Bora one mid grade... wow... we have a serious gap between perceptions here... or maybe our pockets are not as deep....
I ride Bora Ultra 2 35's and Hyperion Ultra 2....
Seems I need to upgrade to a upper class set then...... :lol: 8) :evil:

Serious, Bora's are the bomb!
Buy them with some carbon upgrades here and there and u will feel and see serious upgrades on your bike.

Excuse my expression!

rhyshan

by rhyshan

dchan1234 wrote:Option 2, or just splurge on the R5 ;)

Thanks for your vote.

rhyshan

by rhyshan

mts595 wrote:Go with what jimborello says. Even if it were a Spesh, Emonda, R5, etc. and you are going with a full Campy group, I would recommend Boras. I regret selling my Bora two's. They were raced heavily for one maybe two seasons when I got em (local continenal pro racing teams wheels) and all i did was take them to my LBS to have them replace a few spokes and true. They performed flawlessly for me ever since and looked sweet with my full Record group on my 595. Even mavic CCU's, zipps (303s and 404s), or edges.. did not compare to the elegant ride quality and extremely well-built design of the Boras. The bearings last a long time in these wheels keeping the hubs buttery smooth.

So here's what I got for you to consider:

Cervelo R3
+ Full Chorus (for black/white, $$$, and longer lasting)
+ Bora One or ultra's

IF (and big IF)... I were going custom, I would recommend Tune hubs with Enve or Ax rims. The green anodized hubs to keep up the blue/green look in the pic you posted above would look great! Maybe go with saddle/bar tape to match....sort of like Movistar's Canyons...(not sure if you can get movistar green decals for boras.. but maybe something to ask here or have made as a custom vinyl.

Here is link to a few cervelo's with Bora's....scroll to fourth pic down to see your bike.

http://iamhy.tistory.com/554

edit: Option 3 is get a motor like Ryder

Thanks for your link. It helped me a lot.

rhyshan

by rhyshan

3delis wrote:I would recommend option #2 - but get the 35 ultras for the weight and cult bearings. You will not regret - bombproof, roll great, lightweight for climbing.

Thanks for your comment. Finally I chose Fulcrum Racing Zero + other carbon components.
but I will consider campy & bora one for next bike.

rhyshan

by rhyshan

elisa wrote:Price is good Bora one 35

Yes I agree with it,