Dengfu 2016 Range : R01 vs R02 vs FM066 + Sizing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

erwanco

by erwanco

Dengfu bikes just released their 2016 range of open mould frames. I'd like to have your opinion on geometry and sizing.

I was planning on building an FM066 but since it has been phased out I am now considering two of their new models, the R01 and R02.
Here below is the geometry for each frame. Both are announce at 840 grams ± 45 grams. Can anyone tell my unexperienced eye what the big differences are between these new models and the FM066 ?

R01

R02

Sizing
I am 185 cm (6'1) with a long 91 cm (36") inseam and a really short torso. Here are the geometry recommendations I got online :

Wrench Science
Frame Size Center-to-Center: 60 cm
Frame Size Center-to-Top: 62 cm
Handlebar Width: 44 cm
Overall Reach: 68.50 cm
Saddle Height: 81.24 cm

According to you, should I go with size 56 or 58?

Thank you!

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

Exactly same as Carbon Speed CS-066 Sl frame and CS-066-B frame: http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1413

You can get 530 USD/ set for super light version and 445 USD/ set for normal light version from Carbon Speed
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

erwanco

by erwanco

weeni wrote:Exactly same as Carbon Speed CS-066 Sl frame and CS-066-B frame: http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1413

You can get 530 USD/ set for super light version and 445 USD/ set for normal light version from Carbon Speed

Thanks but that doesn't answer my questions:

1. What are the main difference betweens the two frames?
2. According to my body measurements and recommendations from Wrench, should I get a size 56 or 58?

Thank you.

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

erwanco wrote:
weeni wrote:Exactly same as Carbon Speed CS-066 Sl frame and CS-066-B frame: http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1413

2. According to my body measurements and recommendations from Wrench, should I get a size 56 or 58?

Thank you.

The main difference is the junction between seat stay and seat post, the CS-066 SL frame is same as R01, the CS-066-B frame is like R02.
Attachments
身高选择车架.jpg
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

erwanco

by erwanco

Thanks. I noticed that. Doesn't seem that big of a difference, more a style preference. Any hint on the sizing question?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rrheault

by rrheault

erwanco wrote:

Thank you.

I'm late in the game, but here's my take anyway:
1. The rear triangle is tighter on the R02, which in theory means a bit stiffer/harsher ride. Without actually riding the frames, hard to say anything more. The rest of the frames looks similar. I personally would choose the R01.
2. Definitely a 58. A 56 would probably work, but you'd have to stick out the seatpost quite a bit and possibly use more spacers and longer stem for a proper fit. It also depends on your lower back flexibility. A proper fit with a professional is always a good idea. The two main frame measurements to look at are reach and stack. Once you know the values that work for you, look for frames with similar values. BTW, the R02 stack in size 56 looks odd, it probably is a mistake and might be 557.5, not 577.5.

What did you end up getting and how does it ride?

Cheers!