Aero Drop Bars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

245g? Jaguar?
Hyped up boat anchors. Par for course for Pinarello.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

muntos wrote:I just got my SL-70 handlebar (size 42cm), I love the look , looking forward to see how stiff is for my 81kg...

Huh.
Mine came in at less than 210g.
Haven't even tuned them yet.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

AZR3

by AZR3

I weighed my 40cm 3T Aeronova LTD at 197g. I'm in the process of building up my 2011 Cervelo S3 so hopefully soon I'll be able to see how I like them

spandexboy817

by spandexboy817

Pre, one of you guys maybe got a chinarello knockoff? Worth a little further inspection rather than facial reconstructive surgery.

I run ENVE SES bars on two of my bikes and love them. They don't quite have room for a k-edge out in front without off setting the bars like 2-3mm to the side, which strangely tweaked the crap out of my back. I had filed one down a bunch in the past, but it broke off 3/4 of the way through the season when I ran a garmin and gopro on it. Thank god it didn't take anyone down as it happened at 30+ mph in the 120 rider p/1 field at TOAD.

Anyways, the bars are super solid. The only thing that is a blessing and a curse is the narrow hoods. It is AMAZING for sitting in a tight aero position, forearms parallel to the ground. It is awkward trying to smash up hills standing on the hoods. Minor tradeoffs. I am sponsored by ENVE, but they only give us the normal road bars. I have to shell out quite a bit of cash to run these guys and I still do if that says anything about them...

muntos

by muntos

Quite happy with the bars, very comfortable and room for Garmin mount!