Canyon selling direct to USA December 2015

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

calvin

by calvin

yes, but it doesn't always mean that the bikes are made from same materials and with same technologies
FXKalvis15 code at @montonsports

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

PSM wrote:Colnago M10 were also made in the Giant factory. Best frame I've ridden.

Specialized and Merida uses the same fabric too.(Not Giant)

Merida makes the Specialized frames if I'm not mistaken.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

That's what he's saying. Again, same factory. Given Merida still own a (decreasing) portion of Specialized.

53x12

by 53x12

"That's what he's saying. Again, same factory. Given Merida still own a (decreasing) portion of Specialized."

Wasn't sure what he meant. Read it exactly as written, that Specialized and Merida use the same fabric. It is more than that, as Merida makes the Specialized frames.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

KWalker

by KWalker

I feel like Canyon does this yearly just to ruin Christmas for me.

But seriously, anyone have a more clear timeline?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

bici1977
in the industry

by bici1977

KWalker wrote:I feel like Canyon does this yearly just to ruin Christmas for me.

But seriously, anyone have a more clear timeline?

http://www.bikemag.com/industry-news/ca ... usa-sales/

PSM

by PSM

calvin wrote:yes, but it doesn't always mean that the bikes are made from same materials and with same technologies

Exactly. The M10 was very special inside for example.

@1:46:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9iL1QB-EU

jimborello

by jimborello

I live in Mexico and Ive seen maybe 3 Canyons and I attend a looot of races. Thats why I believe they sell here , the market is too small and sending maybe 10 bikes a month (exagerating) wont donothing to them. On the other hand if they sell to USA the market is huge and chances are they will be getting a lot of complaints because of their lead times and how americans want always ASAP ja, so they wont get inot that market until they know they have the capabilities to sell there.
But if you want I can always order a Canyon and cross it up the border =), Im really curious to see how much it costs to import a Canyon here (maybe 20%) and it is better to do it with someone elses money.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Regarding the test ride: I'm a small guy with a short inseam. I usually ride the smallest available frame. Last two times I was looking to buy a bike, I wasn't able to find ANY retailer that had the bike in my size. Try to find anything in 48/50. Usually dealers stock only 52s and push the short customers to use a 70mm stem OR they recommend the women's model.
And don't even get me started on the service departments. It's very hard to find a knowledgable, honest and good LBS.

Based on the many-many terrible experience at most of the LBSs I'd rather order online and take the risk. Especially if the price is 30% lower.

I think for LBSs the future is to provide high quality repair / tuneup / build services, bike fitting, clothing, shoes and accessories.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

waiting...

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

^yeah, kind of like SRAM eTap, Scott Foil and so on...seems to be one of the bad parts of the bike industry in general. Vaporware, or long/delayed releases after announcements. Somebody needs to get the reigns on these marketing departments and PR people.

micropox

by micropox

bici1977 wrote:
ichobi wrote:I know for a fact that Giant produces Canyon bikes.

How so?

This is really a fact. Check out the link below. Photo 10, 11, and 12. Clearly an AEROAD CF frame

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tech-inside-giants-taiwan-bike-factory-part-two/

BigPoser

by BigPoser

Nothing on the site showing that they are shipping to the States as of yet. I'm anxiously awaiting for this to happen though. Canyon is like my unicorn. I'll be watching this post for updates as well.

KWalker

by KWalker

How was eTap vaporware or delayed? They beta tested it for a really long time, but so far it hasn't missed its release date yet and they've stuck with relatively the same window since the press events a few months back.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Rokkala

by Rokkala

Wouldn't hold your breath, they still struggle to fulfil orders in anything like a timely manner within mainland Europe never mind trying to service the US market as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com