Argonaut & Chris King Team Up For Another BB Standard

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AJS914

by AJS914

It provides all the same benefits of PF30 without all the creaking problems of press-fit cups. Yes, bigger bearings, 30mm axles, and a larger shell to design around. PF30 road is still 68mm but there is also PF30EVO which is 86.5mm.

I have a feeling that this will not catch on with the major players but we can hope.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AndreLM

by AndreLM

benzebub wrote:the frame will come with a t47 threaded shell so it will be compatible. I just haven't seen any bottom brackets for sale online.

Enduro has T47 bearings available today. GloryCycles can get one from you. I am just waiting for the frame to show up to start the build.

thedonnydino

by thedonnydino

I had my existing PF30 titanium shell tapped to accommodate the new T47 bottom bracket and had the Enduro ceramic bearing bottom bracket installed.

Feels fantastic - very smooth and compliments the extremely stiff, oversized junction and short chain stays.

To be fair though I am a little annoyed that Chris King are not selling the T47 Bottom Bracket, and are only shipping them on their cielo bikes.

I have a bespoke build with gold CK headset, and hubs on the way and wanted the bottom bracket to match. It's only a small thing, but a nice touch to round it all off.

I think it's a little amiss to introduce a standard and not supply it.

Hats off to White Industries and Enduro for coming to play.