%^$#@&&*^ Vittoria Corsa...!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Poulidor

by Poulidor

After many happy years with Michelin Pro I switched to Vittoria Corsa and have had 2 flats in 100 kms. Even the Gommaitalia have fared better. Never again...!!!! I'll try Continental Gators now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Perspective

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

ITT: 1st World Problems.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

motdoc

by motdoc

I love them.

Having said that I don't put them on in November. Horses for courses.

AJS914

by AJS914

Yeah, I switched to some CX EVOs and have had two flats so far. With my previous set of Michelin Pro3s, I had zero flats. Also zero flats on a set of GP 4000s.

Gator skins are like truck tires. I wouldn't go there unless you really need to.

AGW

by AGW

Two flats and one sidewall tear with GP4000S IIs in as many rides. Too bad because they were fast. No flats in almost a year on the same pair of open corsas. I'm on my third ride with some Rubino pro IIIs to extend the life of my open corsas though. Latex tubes OP?

F45

by F45

The Pro4 have always done well in puncture resistance tests.

Poulidor

by Poulidor

I've been using regular Panaracer tubes which are as thick and puncture proof as I can find.

Where I live November is the same as any other month of the year.

Moreover, those Corsa are a pain to install. Yes, I know about sliding the beads to the center of the rim and so on but they are just a pain to put on. I've ordered some Continental 4000 but at this rate I think I'll soon be back to Michelin Pro.

joepac

by joepac

I am using the vittoria rubino pro IIIs as my training tires now without any flats in 1500 miles, except for hitting a massive pothole and pinch flatting. They are not very supple but they have decently low rolling resistance and are durable. Unfortunately they have mediocre grip in the wet.

If you want flat resistant, supple race tires the Schwalbe One is a good option. I used them over the weekend without any problems and I rode 130 miles on bad roads. The Ones felt noticeably better than the Rubinos. Definitely more supple with better grip in the wet. They have really low rolling resistance too. I have 2000 miles on Schwalbe Ones without any flats including Spring racing. In comparison last season I rode the first half of the races on 4seasons because I had too many flats with 4000s. The Schwalbes wear out a lot quicker though, with 2000 miles mine are pretty ragged.

If you don't care as much about rolling resistance the conti 4 seasons are super flat proof. I put them on once the snow falls (and the salt and cinders go down) and have yet to flat over the last 2 winters (which were bad winters). They have a bit better traction than Gatorskins.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Oddly enough, I went the other way.. From Vittoria Corsa's to Pro4's...

Not that there is anything bad with Vittoria's, I just found them a bit thin and then to puncture easily... Did love the feel of them being well connected to the ground though...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Poulidor

by Poulidor

Schwalbe One and 4 Seasons are a good idea. Thank you.

Ebruner

by Ebruner

Horses for Courses. I ride Vittoria Cx and Veloflex Corse. Sometimes 2 flats in a 100 miles....sometimes 1500 miles without a flat. I have used many, many different tires since 1983, and they all get flats one time or another.

F45

by F45

Poulidor wrote:Schwalbe One and 4 Seasons are a good idea. Thank you.

4 seasons is a terrible tire. Better to get the Ultra Sport II.

micky

by micky

Ebruner wrote:Horses for Courses. I ride Vittoria Cx and Veloflex Corse. Sometimes 2 flats in a 100 miles....sometimes 1500 miles without a flat. I have used many, many different tires since 1983, and they all get flats one time or another.

Same here; once I switched to Continental GP4000 for winter due to Veloflex being too easy to puncture in wet conditions and....I've got 2 flats in less than a week.

drchull

by drchull

I switched from the Corsa Cx and the Pave clinchers for the same reason, I flatted about every other ride when I rode the tubulars. I went to Michelin Krylion Carbons (Now Pro 4 SC) and have worn out two sets in 4 years with no flats. I have 4000S on track bike and they seem like really nice tires but they are obviously much more supple than the Michelins and I would be more worried about flats. I found the Gatorskins to be not as sturdy or as comfortable (in a greater width) as the Michelins.
I am 200+ pounds and often ride chip seal and some hard packed gravel as well as have ridden Flanders and PR on the Michelins, never an issue.

Prendrefeu: First world problems pretty much describes every posting on a internet message board about high end bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com