Enve Bottle Cages - Anybody have 1st hand experience?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

savechief

by savechief

How are they compared to something like an Arundel Mandible?
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

They're a bit lighter, and hold just as securely, but without such a compressive squeeze on the bottle. I'm very happy with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

survivor

by survivor

I am happy with mine too. The advantage of the ENVE bottle cage is the ease of side entry. I found it very useful particularly on my smaller frame size.

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Mandibles are a bit more rugged. Enve cages compare more closely to the new Tune carbon cages, actually. All three are solid options for weight and reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

i've had no issues with mine either. great bottle cages...and like survivor says, easier entry from either side. i've had mandibles as well and switched over to the Enves.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

cajer

by cajer

How's side removal? As that's a big issue with my small frame.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Overall, I'm happy with mine but something to know is that certain bottle shapes will fit loosely and move around.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

renoracing

by renoracing

I haven't had the greatest luck. I'm now running them on my SS 29er, and eject a bottle every few rides. I stick with them because I have a rigid Enve fork, and Enve bars on that build... and well, #matchymatchy. Arundel Mandibles offer a much more secure grip for sure, but with that, are a bit more work to get the bottle back in. I have a set of side load Mandibles that are really good on compact frames so long as you favor one hand for removing and reinstalling. This also allows for the use of a taller 1L bottle on the seattube of a frame that might not allow such a tall bottle to be inserted in a standard cage.

Campyforever

by Campyforever

Very light grip yet they work fine.... maybe not so good on a mountain bike?

tmanley

by tmanley

Been an Arundel fan for years but tried out the Enve cages and didn't like them at all. Too loose for my liking.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Have them both on my xc bike and road bike. No problems ever. Great product.

kode54

by kode54

tmanley wrote:Been an Arundel fan for years but tried out the Enve cages and didn't like them at all. Too loose for my liking.
I think it depends on what bottles you use. That said, I have less issues with Mandibles using all types of bottles. Enve cages are more sensitive to bottle girth.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Ypuh

by Ypuh

I bought these a couple of months ago, but the Enve bottle cage holders kinda fed me up. They work decently well, but I have lost a bottle twice now. Both times during a cyclo in the descent, losing the first group. I don't care if it happens on a training ride, but going full gas in an event abroad (roads in the Netherlands are usually super smooth) puts them over the edge. Can't imagine putting these on a gravel or mountainbike.

Any tips on a good bottle/cage combination? The Camelbak Podiums are too tight, and the Elite Fly too loose. Or should I just cut my losses and buy something that universally works?
Last edited by Ypuh on Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

Pottermouse

by Pottermouse

If you don't want to lose stuff off-road, suggest FidLock with the magnetic connectors instead of a cage. They simply don't come off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trainergav

by trainergav

I have them on both my road bike and my gravel bike.

Pros: Look great, light, and matchy-matchy with all my other Enve bits.

Cons: compatibility with my preferred Camelbak bottles hit and miss. I find them not compatible with my current gen Podium bottles (too loose), The previous gen ones are too tight and are really hard to get off. The gen before that work great but they stopped production of those a long time ago so they're hard to come by.

I haven't tried them with other bottle brands as IMO Camelbak makes the best spout/lid. Have not had much luck finding a different bottle that threads with the Camelbak lids.