fulcrum racing 3 freehub

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Panainz

by Panainz

Hi, I have a fulcrum racing 3 wheelset with a campag free hub.
The thing is I want to run it with a sram force 11spd cassette, and Im not sure if I can, because apparently they are not compatible.
Is it possible to change the free hub to sram? Would be hard or expensive?

highdraw

by highdraw

Panainz wrote:Hi, I have a fulcrum racing 3 wheelset with a campag free hub.
The thing is I want to run it with a sram force 11spd cassette, and Im not sure if I can, because apparently they are not compatible.
Is it possible to change the free hub to sram? Would be hard or expensive?

Yes...even though the length of the freehub between Campy and Shimano/Sram is different...this is compensated with axle spacing and not wheel dish so both freehubs will fit the same rear wheel design.

If you want the part number for your particular model year Fulcrum 3's...for their Fulcrum made Shimano/Sram design freehub, contact their customer service and they will respond. You can also determine this by sleuthing on the web...but best to hear it from them specific to your model year wheelset because Fulcrum makes slight design changes between model years from time to time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PJCM

by PJCM

This is the likely part you'll need. http://www.wiggle.co.nz/fulcrum-shimano ... ehub-body/

I recently switched and it is a simple job requiring an allen key and spanner, remembering that the retaining nut on the drive side has a left-hand thread.

Instructions here http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/system/doc ... _op004.pdf

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The Campagnolo and Fulcrum part is the same. The Campagnolo part number is FH-BUU015 and is cheaper in the u.k than the fulcrum part. Go figure.

X1 donates the shimano variant and it will take SRAM 11 speed.

Panainz

by Panainz

I think its the current generation of racing 3's
thats how it looks like:

so do you think this freehub would work?
http://www.wiggle.com/fulcrum-shimanosr ... ub-body-1/

acetonehk

by acetonehk

you can use the Shimano/Sram 11s standard free body produced/labeled by either Campagnolo or Fulcrum (road series)
In fact you can try to put a 11s Campy cassette to your current wheel. The shimano/sram free body is about 100g heavier than the campy free body.

Based on your figure, the wiggle one would work.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

They need to revise that FAQ. I'm looking at a shimano 11 speed freehub for my fulcrum zeros right now.

Panainz

by Panainz

I can either buy a new free hub body, which is around 60 quid, or I can mount a campagnolo cassette because the shop where I bought the wheels just sent me one for free. Do you think it would be ok to use campag cassette with sram driveterrain and chain? Any significant reductions in shifting performance?

highdraw

by highdraw

If its a Campy 11s cassette and you have Sram 11s driveline and chain, shift quality will be fine.

acetonehk

by acetonehk

Panainz wrote:I can either buy a new free hub body, which is around 60 quid, or I can mount a campagnolo cassette because the shop where I bought the wheels just sent me one for free. Do you think it would be ok to use campag cassette with sram driveterrain and chain? Any significant reductions in shifting performance?

11s campa cassette is compatible with sram 11s road gear system :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Panainz

by Panainz

Nice, good stuff! I will keep my sram cassette and switch to it in the future then.