Focus Bikes warranty problems!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

UncleJohn

by UncleJohn

Krull wrote:hi,
first: i am really happy for you, that it worked out like that for you!
but: believing, the service of the "big" manufacturers always being so much better, might be a fault.
two latest examples, i just found, purely accidentally, (while surfing in net during my daily hometrainer session ;-) )

user sharkman waiting for more than two month for replacement of his cannondale caad 10:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=135922

german tour forum:
user pezzey is reclaiming his specialized roubaix, lets see how long it takes.
user mcwipf reports in this thread on pg 3, having waited 2 month for the replacement of his roubaix.
http://forum.tour-magazin.de/showthread ... e-Br%FCche

i dont know the detailed background of your history, but: i would keep the izalco max. i am using one since two years, finished a lot of marathons in the mountain-area in switzerland/italy and austria with it. i am absolutely happy with performance, handling and aesthetics.
you will probably make a minus when selling it and get something else form dealer, and you will give away a great frameset.
regards,

Hello,

I don't know for sure if i'm selling it, but if i will see some Cannondale SS hi-mod 2014+ at a nice price i will problably try to do it!
For now i will ride it, i've been reading and heard about it and seems a pretty amazing bike! I didnt know the difference of weight but as i checked last days, only the frame and fork is about 500grams leigther than the Izalco model i had. I My bike weighted arround 7k300g with some haevy components like Stem, Handlebar, bottles cages, and 1700g wheels...
So i got better stuff like a 3T carbon rotundo and 10g bottles cages (more stuff to come) and i deffenatly want to try it in the new frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UncleJohn

by UncleJohn

Krull, do you have some photos of your Izalco Max? :twisted:

rerom

by rerom

UncleJohn wrote:Hello everyone,

Well as it topic says i'm having problems with Focus Bikes with waranty frame replacement. My Focus Izalco have a small fissure under the seatpost clamp, so my local bike shop send pictures and they said the ftame will be replaced, everything ok till here! The frame arrived and its a Focus Cayo, frame build to max comfort on long rides, so i called to the Portuguese dealer and he said its normal because the new Izalco is was way better than the one i have. Would you guys accept this? I didnt because i bought a fast/rigide frame not a comfort one. Any opinions?
All the best

Hi!!
I do not know if anyone reads this, but I have a similar problem with Focus Bikes warranty. I also have a small fissure under the seatpost clamp on my Izalco. It is interesting but in my case of the Focus Bikes distances itself...They say that the seatclamp was overtorqued...hm, hm?? :evil: :evil: