Lezyne GPS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Anyone else using them? Just got a Super GPS, going to start using it as of tomorrow and will see how it goes.

The all important info though...

Which, I will add, is 23g lighter than the 810 it's replacing (and 34g lighter in total as the 810 has a rubber case due to instances of it deciding to jump off the mount...).
Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Let me know how the bluetooth sync goes. Ie: how reliable it is, how long it takes to sync an activity, does it go directly to strava, etc.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

My understanding is you can't configure the metrics/screens to your individual liking, correct?

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

if they work anything like their valve extenders, i would stay away. lezyne looks pretty but does not function well based on my limited use of their products.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

SLCBrandon wrote:My understanding is you can't configure the metrics/screens to your individual liking, correct?

You can. Kinda...there are two fields you can configure. The top is the speed and the bottom is a field that you can either manually scroll through or have auto-scroll as you ride.

Mike I've never used their valve extenders - but have used (read: own) a lot of their other stuff. I'd argue the opposite and that it's almost too well made. Never breaks. Terrific construction and function over form ('pretty' not really an adjective I would have used for their gear).
Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

The lezyne vslve extenders literally unwound upon screwing onto valve stem. It was not isolated to one but all that I bought.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

I have a track pump, a mini pump and some lights and I am very happy about these products, my only criticism is that their pump head design isn't the best but it works and the quality of their products is great. Hope to hear a review about this cycling computer!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

mike wrote:The lezyne vslve extenders literally unwound upon screwing onto valve stem. It was not isolated to one but all that I bought.

Cool. Got it. They didn't work. Did you email them about it? Given how they roll (engineering minded) my guess is they'd be pretty receptive to feedback. Even more so given you are (were?) a Pro.

As for pairing, results from today (with my Galaxy S5):

- paired immediately, no fuss, and didn't drop connection once
- showed up mail from Gmail app (approx 10 lines worth, more than I expected) but didn't show mail from CloudMagic
- didn't show text, but I also use a 3rd party app (Textra) not Samsung's native text service
- sync was at a solid speed, given it was going via Bluetooth, to my phone and then on to the Lezyne GPS Root site

Nearly 3 hours of operating time, 7% of battery used. And the mount is solid. And I do mean rock solid. I have no idea what you would have to do to lose a unit from that mount.
Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Sounding good so far. Have been almost ready to pull the trigger on an Edge 520!to update from the 500. I see Bike Bug have these and it has perked my curiosity. Will be very interested to see how the Lezyne goes with you, especially coming from a Garmin as I would be
BB

Coffee & carbon

andrewfelix

by andrewfelix

Regarding emailing Lezyne; tried it twice when my tail light got water in it. Looked like a design fault. Got zero response via email.

Having said that they make very nice floor pumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

Sounding good so far. Have been almost ready to pull the trigger on an Edge 520!to update from the 500. I see Bike Bug have these and it has perked my curiosity. Will be very interested to see how the Lezyne goes with you, especially coming from a Garmin as I would be

I upgraded to a 520 from a 510, which was an update to the 500. The 520 is my favorite Garmin ever. It's got all the things I like about both the 500 and the 510. The size is close to the 500 and with the small bezel, the screen is big and it's also bright. It doesn't have the touch screen of the 510, which never worked well. It's got buttons that do work, and the UI / menu structure is the best so far by Garmin. (Though I wish it could all be configured by the Garmin Connect app). It has Bluetooth like the 510, so my rides are automatically uploaded via the phone, and I don't have to connect to the computer as I did with the 500. The reliability of the BT connectivity is way better on the 520 than the 510. And the 520 has GPS+Glonass like the 510, so satellite lock-on is fast, within seconds, unlike the 500 where it can take minutes for me, and sometimes fail to connect. It's also connects more reliably to my HRM and Di2 than the 510 did.

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

I thought this thread was about Lezyne GPS? Given their top model is neatly half the price of a 520 anywhere around the world, comparing it to one is hardly a fair fight.

Either way I'm keen to hear some more too. Wonder if DC Rainmaker will ever put one through its paces. I read he'd had a play (of sorts) but no review.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Lezyne as a brand is like the shiny object that attracts a raven and on three occasions I have been the raven who ultimately just commits to a glistening piece of crap.
Lezyne cannot even make a pedal wrench correctly, can't imagine how a complex piece of electronics from this company would be. And don't get me started on their pumps.
Mugato says, "Lezyne, so underwhelming right now, Lezyne..."

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Their lights are great, bar the switch cover, which is made of cheese. A quick email to their distributor got me ten for free.

I also favour their bottle cages. Lezyne Flow+ Camelbak podium snicks together like Lego.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aarw

by aarw

mariovalentim wrote:I have a track pump, a mini pump and some lights and I am very happy about these products, my only criticism is that their pump head design isn't the best but it works and the quality of their products is great. Hope to hear a review about this cycling computer!

Slightly off topic, but i have one of their Alloy Digital Drive track pumps but have fitted a Hirame pump head to it. fantastic bit of kit now. I don't mind admitting it looks pretty sweet too.

Will be interested to hear more in-depth feedback on their GPS units. :popcorn: