Lezyne GPS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

boysa

by boysa

Thanks Nick! It was a concern of mine, because every picture I saw of a Lezyne unit showed the speed front and center. I couldn't believe they would make that a non-changeable field, although I think the guys over at Lezyne will update the functionality regularly as time passes. Quite the opposite of Garmin, right?!? They are the perfect example of a company becoming too big and too ubiquitous, where they don't even feel the need to make improvements once they field something. I guess a PC8 comes closest to doing what I want, but they are another example of thievery. For the price, that thing should be massaging my b*#$ while I'm riding!

As disgusting as it makes me feel... I ordered a 520. With the strong dollar, I was able to get one from overseas for just a few bucks more than a Lezyne Super. It was so hard clicking "BUY." I feel so dirty. I wish this old 500 of mine could've lasted a bit longer, but now it's clinging on for dear life (with the help of some electrical tape and rubber bands).
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Lezyne are releasing a Year 10 GPS range - with a re-launch of the Super GPS

http://blog.lezyne.com/year-10-lezyne-gps/

with a lot of the features they were missing (and that I'd fed back to them they really needed to add). Hopefully the previous Super GPS are capable of having their firmware updated to have the same features. As nothing structurally has changed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boysa

by boysa

Thanks, Nick! I'd be curious to see exactly how customizable the screens are. You would think with today's technology it would be pretty easy to plug the unit into your laptop/home computer and set the exact location and size of each data field you want. Maybe I'm dreaming...
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

So word is older units will not receive a firmware update to allow it to match the functions of the new units. Weird decision, if I am totally honest.

Beverly

by Beverly

Just picked up a mini GPS for basic tracking. Are there any aftermarket mounts, or are we stuck with the two Lezyne options? The Lezyne market is probably too small for a company like K-Edge to produce one.

I thought about having an entire custom mount 3D printed, but I thought of something more functional. Have a 3D printed "adapter" made that would adapt the Lezyne mount to fit the Garmin standard. It would raise the GPS a small amount, but I think that'd be worth it to have access to the dozens of Garmin mounts already available. I'd like to have a GoPro/Computer aluminum combo mount.