Specialized Road Tubulars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Planning for next year and was wondering who actually produces the Speci road tubulars? Haven't been able to actually inspect one in the flesh. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

aerodynamiq

by aerodynamiq

I've ridden their S-Works tires on sponsorship this year, and I'm really liking them. Both clinchers and tubular S-Works Turbo 24mms roll great and are real grippy. Not the most durable tire, but really one of the most confident inspiring tires I've tried. Couple of seconds away from a long Nerja descent KOM just hours after landing at the airport ;-)

I'll use them next year two, without sponsorship - blacking the logos out.
velonode.cc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campyjoe

by campyjoe

Recently saw a tire comparrison in either Velo or Road Bike Action of quite a few tires. All of the Specialized tires were ranked up there at or near the very top. I have never tried any of their tires (always used Vittoria, Continental or Michelin), but that will change soon.

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

It was velonews. I can take a picture of the chart if anyone is interested. The test was only testing clinchers though, not tubulars. But on of the main points of the article was that rolling resistance, and more specifically, watts needed to maintain a given speed, comes down to the compound of rubber and not necessarily tpi. Width and therefor tire contact patch also were important. Yea the big S took the top three spots with their s-works road tubeless tire in a 26mm best overall, Turbo cotton in 24mm, and s-works Turbo in 26mm raking second and third.

tommasini

by tommasini

I seem to recall...........that at least a few years back the top end Specialized high thread count cotton and Bontrager tires (also high thread count cotton) were made by Vittoria but then used tread that each of those supplied to Vittoria