Friction free?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

corky

by corky

Anyone any experience of the SI SLR friction free...... i am an SLR guy and this model intrigues me enough to want to try one but am put off by the rails, they seem to have much shorter rails and thus fore and aft movement as a result....is this a true perception?

i am not talking about the monorail friction free but the traditionally railed.

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Perhaps you need to change your thread title to be less vague. :)

"Friction free?" can refer to many things, not necessarily a particular product from a particular brand.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

corky

by corky

Deliberate ploy.....hoping to entice the casual browser in..... :D

Rick

by Rick

For whatever it might be worth: I just got done trying out the monolink version of an SLR Friction free and I felt like the "friction free" aspect of it was a noticeable improvement. My legs actually did feel a bit "freer". But I just couldn't get used to the saddle overall. I am not sure of how much the narrow nose influenced the overall feel of the saddle because I had not used a standard SLR before (I seem to be a Pro Turnix guy). When I went back to my Turnix, I could feel the nose rubbing the inner thighs and wished it had a narrow nose like the "friction free". Everything is a compromise.

corky

by corky

tHanks Rick, I think the friction free concept will work for me but am just concerned that the rails will stop me getting it back far enough.... i could maybe solve this with another seatpost that has more setback but then I might just as well have bought the monorail pair and was hoping to avoid this...

Rick

by Rick

Monolink stuff seems to be selling at very low prices now, because it never caught on. It actually works really well, though. I have continued to use my monolink seatpost with standard rails by using the standard rails adapter. I got the full carbon Deda monolink seatpost for less than $100. Check google and ebay.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com