Hed Jet Black Plus 4 Vs Bora 35

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

Usually the Jet Black retails for $2100 but I've found a wheelset for $1680 which comes close to the same price point of the Bora 35 that WW loves.

I'm considering the Hed over any other wheelset because I really like the wheel having an aluminium brake track with the looks of a full carbon rim, besides I already have an Ardennes wheelset as my everyday set of wheels and I really enjoy it, never had any trouble with it.

So, any body rode one? How does it compare to the Bora?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I have not ridden any HED wheels for a few years. For good reason. Every set I have ever tried flexed like a noodle and I doubt that has changed much.

Boras.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Bora for sure. You will not be dissapointed. He's do flex quite a bit.

audiojan

by audiojan

I really like HED Jet wheels (have multiple sets), but they're simply not in the same league as the Bora's. If I could keep one set only of all my wheels, it'll be the Bora 35's.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Philbar72

by Philbar72

Got some jet 5+'s and they are great for steady power based rides but are a wet blanket and heavy in a sprint. Freehubs do sound epic but, nah, not great.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

wow good to know guys, thanks

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

is there a fulcrum alternative to the bora 35? sram + campagnolo is kinda strange :/

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

Yes, fulcrum has released the racing quattro carbon which is a 40mm deep carbon clincher.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

pritchet74

by pritchet74

I rode a set of Jet 6+ last year and various other Jet wheels for the previous 7 years. Love 'em. I'm getting a set of Jet 6 Black next week for my 2016 wheels. They don't have the sex appeal of the Boras, but they are VERY aero wheels and very durable. I have never had a set of Jets need a spoke trued. Ever.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Bora 35 are my favourite!!
If you can afford them - get them :D

fa63

by fa63

I am a big guy (100 kg) and never found my HED Jet 6+ wheels to be lacking in stiffness. I rate them very highly, despite their depth they are very stable even in windy conditions. Plus it is hard to beat aluminum surface for the braking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

savechief

by savechief

They didn't include any HED wheels, but in the latest (August 2016) Tour magazine wheel test, the Fulcrum Racing Quattro and Campagnolo Bora One 50 were the stiffest wheels with the exception of the Shimano C50. They were also both pretty decently aero.
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com