THM cranks and PF30 BB - need your advice!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

So in answer to my original question as to whether you were theorizing that the wavy washer in a Campy Ultratorque crank provides enough preload to actually "squish" the outer race of the bearing enough to cause added friction, your answer is YES. Hmmm... interesting, but not surprising. :)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

highdraw

by highdraw

Your comment about squishing the bearing is ridiculous. Nor am I surprised.
Btw, any kid who passed 8th grade science class would grasp the concept. Hope you do as well.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I understand the concept fully. I even passed 8th grade. But you've taken the concept of marginal gains to a whole new level with your theory. Glad you prefaced it as such, a theory.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Just made a fresh batch of popcorn.......

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Lol. Don't bother. Points made, on both sides. It's over.

highdraw

by highdraw

Calnago wrote:I understand the concept fully. I even passed 8th grade. But you've taken the concept of marginal gains to a whole new level with your theory. Glad you prefaced it as such, a theory.

It isn't a theory and I stated that both the contribution of seal drag and axial preload due to wave washer compression placing thrust load on the bearing to be insignificant...but...any lateral load to a non angular contact bearing will introduce drag.

http://www.kaydonbearings.com/typesACX.htm