Enlighten me, Colnago owners/fans

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Thanks Cal, good thoughts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jpanspac

by jpanspac

My first good bike was a Colnago Super with Columbus SL tubes way back in the 80's. Everyone I rode with also considered it a good frame, but not nearly as desirable as a Masi, Guerciotti, Ciocc or Tomassini. And if you could actually afford and get your hands on a Cinelli you were a god. I'd like to know when and why the Colnago mystique got started.
My favorite components are the ones I never have to think about.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Built up a C-59 close to three years ago. The bike just feels right. A pleasure to climb, descend and simply ride.
And another positive is that these bikes are not ephemeral, something that appealed to me since I don't buy new bikes often. There are plenty of people riding C-40's and C-50's and doing very well with them.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

I have a master, a couple of world cup CX bikes, a c59 and an EPS, all full campagnolo I love the EPS so much that I recently updated to SR11 EPS with a fun repaint in a classic style

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Wow^. THAT is why I lust after Colnago's in this vintage. Absolutely perfect.

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

I patterned my choice after these limited edition color ways
Image But I used a modern Colnago color (Maserati blue) and instead of decals mine is all masked off and painted, the black is back to the bare carbon fiber.

markyboy

by markyboy

mvacolnago wrote:I have a master, a couple of world cup CX bikes, a c59 and an EPS, all full campagnolo I love the EPS so much that I recently updated to SR11 EPS with a fun repaint in a classic style

What bar tape is that?and who painted the frame?
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

Ruckus composites did the carbon fiber work to accept the Campagnolo EPS wiring and charging port. They also did the paint

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130109

The bar tape is Fizik micro touch with plain white Ritchey bar end plugs

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

SLCBrandon wrote:Wow^. THAT is why I lust after Colnago's in this vintage. Absolutely perfect.

Totally understand :beerchug:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ