Bontrager Speed Stop Brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

csteenbe

by csteenbe

Can they be fitted on other brands then Trek bikes, maybe want to fit them on a De Rosa King XS.

Anyone?

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Trkorb

by Trkorb

The front should fit just fine (they use the direct mount standard), however I'm not sure about the bottom bracket mounting brake, I would imagine something would get in the way hence why the shimano direct mount callipers have a more central pull design at the BB.

On something like a canyon aeroad where the rear brake is on the seatstay bridge I'm 99% sure they would both fit.

csteenbe

by csteenbe

OliverRB wrote:However I'm not sure about the bottom bracket mounting brake, I would imagine something would get in the way hence why the shimano direct mount callipers have a more central pull design at the BB.

I think this will not be the problem, if it can be bolted and the brake shoes are possible to adjust that they will fit the rim I think it will fit.

I hoped somebody had fitted them on a other bike then a Trek....

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Are you talking about the Emonda brakes? They're both built around the direct-mount standard, so you should be fine.

spud

by spud

I was informed by a dealer that these brakes are not compatible with the Trek Madone 7 chain stay mount. Don't know why, but it might be a similar problem on the DeRosa.

Check out the FSA direct mount brakes, I'm very happy with mine. Not the lightest, but not a fortune and the clearance all around is excellent
Last edited by spud on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

csteenbe

by csteenbe

FIJIGabe wrote:Are you talking about the Emonda brakes? They're both built around the direct-mount standard, so you should be fine.

Yes I am talking about the Emonda brakes....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spud

by spud

Come to think of it, the Speedstop brakes are not compatible with the front Madone 7 either because the head tube "nosecone" protrudes into the brake's space.