deda zero100 shallow vs 3T rotundo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

benzebub

by benzebub

hello guys,

does anyone have experience with both bars? how do they compare in shape?
is one more comfortable than the other?

:beerchug:
But I could be wrong

tinman143

by tinman143

Has anyone ever mentioned asking advice on bars is similar to saddles? The dimensions for both bars are listed so you're better off referencing that vs people's opinions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I've had both. Started with a 3T cockpit and am now on Deda. The bars are similar and differences are subtle but noticeable. The curve (from the stem where it curves to the hoods) starts sooner on the Dedas, leaving a bit more room when you're sprinting in the drops. I think the ramp is slightly steeper on the Dedas and both fit Campy levers nicely but I do prefer the Dedas. Even though the Dedas say SHALLOW on them they are deeper than a lot of bars these days at 135mm. I think the rotundos are 139mm. Finally, I just think the Dedas look more "classic". And the Dedas only come in the alloy version versus the Rotundos which have the alloy (Pro), and two versions of the carbon (Team and LTD). Hope that helps but bars, like saddles, can be a very personal thing.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

benzebub

by benzebub

thanks!

I'm aware that bars are a very personal thing. I'm set on trying a classic shape, and since the rotundo and zero100 are so close in shape I was wondering where the small differences would be in terms of stiffness, shape, effective reach...

I tend to ride a lot on the "corner of the bar, where the flat section bends to the hoods. Is this still possible with these bars? and what is the effective reach on these shapes? the reach specs are always measured from the middle of the clamping area to the furthest point, but on a lot of pictures I see them set up with the hoods a bit closer to the flats. Does this setup affect reach?
But I could be wrong

micky

by micky

I personally wanted to try to Rotundo (there was a good deal on the ltd) for drop the weight compared to Deda, but both reach and drop are bigger on the 3T model so that hold me from the purchase.

scotti

by scotti

micky wrote:I personally wanted to try to Rotundo (there was a good deal on the ltd) for drop the weight compared to Deda, but both reach and drop are bigger on the 3T model so that hold me from the purchase.

Worth a try, I went from an 80mm traditional round bar to a 75mm reach ergo bar, and preferred the longer reach bar, solely because it allowed me to run my shifters higher up on the handlebar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com